Northeastern Crime Log

Crime Log entries are selected from Northeastern’s Division of Public Safety reports.

Monday, September 19 1:30 p.m. The manager of Douglass Park reported someone vandalized one of their security cameras and the incident was recorded on videotape. Officers reviewed the tape and found three males who had damaged the camera were taped leaving the apartment occupied by three 22-year-old male students. The students will be billed for the cost of the camera and reported to the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution (OSCCR).

2 p.m. Officers found a fake identification in a wallet turned into lost and found. The fake ID belonged to a 19-year-old male student, who gave police information about where he obtained the ID. He will be reported to OSCCR.

3:15 p.m. Boston Police reported someone had just attempted to break into an apartment at 47 St. Stephen St. Northeastern officers detained a suspect in the area, and he was identified by the resident as the person who had been attempting to break into the apartment. Boston Police arrested a 27-year-old male non-student who lives in a different building on St. Stephen Street.

3:30 p.m. Several juveniles with no affiliation with Northeastern began fighting near Ruggles Station. One was cut with a knife before getting on a bus. He was found by the bus driver and taken back to the Boston Police. His injuries were not serious.

8 p.m. Boston Police reported a shooting near Boston Police headquarters located on Ruggles Street. Northeastern police stopped a fleeing suspect and turned him over to the Boston Police. The man has no connection with Northeastern.

Tuesday, September 20 3:30 p.m. A male staff member reported on Sept. 14 between 5 p.m. and 9 p.m. his parking pass and several CDs were stolen from his car while it was parked in Columbus Lot. There was no sign of forced entry.

A 20-year-old female student who resides at 106 St. Stephen St. reported someone had cut her window screen. Nothing was missing from the apartment.

6:30 p.m. A food service manager in the Curry Student Center reported several juveniles were acting rowdy and had stolen food from Pizza Hut. At about the same time, a 22-year-old female student reported that while walking on the sidewalk, several juveniles attempted to grab her purse. The description she gave was similar to that of the manager’s. Officers responded and stopped a group of people behind the Egan Center. Neither the manager nor the student could positively identify the group. One 15-year-old male was wanted for shoplifting. He was arrested on a default warrant for shoplifting.

Wednesday, September 21 2:30 a.m. A 25-year-old male graduate student reported his bike missing after locking it outside Lake Hall. He left it there for an hour, and found the cable lock cut when he returned.

7 p.m. A student reported the odor of marijuana coming from an apartment in West Village H. Officers responded and found a 20-year-old male and a 22-year-old male in an apartment, who both admitted to smoking the marijuana. Officers confiscated rolling papers and a small amount of marijuana. Both men will be reported to OSCCR.

Thursday, September 22 Midnight Residential Life staff reported a man and a woman fighting in a stairwell of White Hall. Officers responded and found a 19-year-old female student, Elizabeth Johnson, and her 25-year-old boyfriend, non-student Senad Bajaramovic. Both were arrested on charges of assault and battery. They were arraigned in Roxbury District Court the next day. Bajaramovic was told not to return to campus, and Johnson will be referred to OSCCR.

9:30 p.m. Staff in the student center reported an unauthorized person using the computers on the second floor. Officers questioned Steven Mowring, a 21-year-old non-student with no affiliation with the university, and found he had been arrested on charges trespassing on campus before. He was arrested again on charges of trespassing. He was arraigned at Roxbury District Court the next day.

8 p.m. Officers stopped an 18-year-old male student carrying a 30-pack of beer on Huntington Avenue. A 21-year-old male student approached the officer and told him he had purchased the beer. The beer was disposed of, and both will be referred to OSCCR.

11 p.m. Officers stopped two people on Westland Avenue who were drinking from open containers of alcohol. A 19-year-old male student and a 19-year-old female student were identified, and they identified another student as the source of the alcohol. All three will be reported to OSCCR.

Friday, September 23 1 a.m. Officers found a 20-year-old male student lying on the second floor of 780 Columbus Ave. He was transported to Boston Medical Center for medical treatment. He will be reported to OSCCR.

Officers stopped two men on St. Stephen Street who were drinking from open bottles of beer. A 19-year-old male student and his 19-year-old male visitor were identified. They were asked to dispose of the alcohol, and the student will be reported to OSCCR.

2 a.m. A caller reported loud music coming from a leased property at 54 Westland Ave. Officers responded and found no one answering the door. Eventually, a 19-year-old male student answered the door and claimed he was there alone. He admitted he had been drinking, and will be reported to OSCCR.

3 a.m. Female residents in a room in Smith Hall reported there were people on the fire escape knocking on their windows. Officers responded and found no one on the fire escape. Several other residents reported they had seen residents of the building out on the fire escape.

Saturday, September 24 1:15 a.m. A Resident Assistant in Willis Hall reported an intoxicated resident was harassing the security representative. Officers responded and found a 19-year-old male student, who passed out while he was being questioned. He was transported to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center for treatment, and will be reported to OSCCR.

9:30 p.m. A 19-year-old female resident of 337 Huntington Ave. reported someone was banging on her door. When she checked the peephole, he had his back to the door. She reported this was the second time someone had knocked on her door that way.

Sunday, September 25 2:30 a.m. The security representative in White Hall reported a female had been signed in extremely intoxicated. Officers responded and found the female in the room of an 18-year-old male student. The female, an 18-year-old resident of a different residence hall, was unconscious. She was transported to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center for medical treatment. The student claimed he had met the student outside his building and brought her up to his room. They will both be reported to OSCCR.

4 a.m. Boston Police requested assistance with breaking up a loud party at 214 Hemenway St. The hosts, Northeastern students, were refusing to cooperate with police. Two 20-year-old residents exited a back door and approached officers, and said they did not want police to go inside. They will be reported to OSCCR.

Officers stopped an 18-year-old male Wentworth student who was riding on a bike while pushing a second bike. He reported he had found the second bike in the Christian Science Center reflecting pool. He reported he had asked the security guard there if he could take it, and the guard confirmed the student’s story.