Northeastern Crime Log

By Matt Nielsen

Crime Log entries are selected from Northeastern’s Division of Public Safety reports.

Monday, October 17 7:30 p.m. A 19-year-old male student reported his iPod missing from his apartment in Willis Hall. There was no sign of forced entry.

9:30 p.m. A 20-year-old male student reported his cell phone missing after leaving it unattended in his jacket from 7 to 8 p.m. in the Marino Center. The jacket was left behind.

11:30 p.m. An 18-year-old male student from Stetson East reported he had been handed a flier from a man claiming to be a Boston University graduate student offering to pay people for participating in his physical therapy research study. The study involved a massage given by the man. The student decided to participate in the study, but once the massage became intimate, the student told the man to leave. Police responded and investigated, and found that the man was not a student, but someone with a criminal record currently on probation. The police also discovered he had planned to meet with another student, and had officers waiting for him. When they tried to stop him, he fled the scene. While fleeing, he knocked over two witnesses. When police caught him, he punched one of them in the face. Thomas Shay, 33, of Boston, was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct and assaulting a police officer. He was arraigned in West Roxbury District Court the next day.

Tuesday, October 18 12:30 a.m. Officers patrolling The Fenway detected the odor of marijuana. They found an 18-year-old male student, a 19-year-old male student and an 18-year-old female student seated on a bench passing a pipe. Marijuana and a pipe were confiscated. They will be reported to the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution (OSCCR).

1:15 a.m. A proctor in West Village E reported an unconscious 21-year-old male had been carried in by others and was likely intoxicated. Officers responded and received no answer after knocking on the door. Upon entering, the officers found the student unconscious on his floor. He was transported to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and will be reported to OSCCR.

4 p.m. A 19-year-old female student reported her Husky Card had been lost. When she went to cancel it, she found out it had already been used at the Snell Library Cyber Caf