Northeastern Crime Log

Crime Log entries are selected from Northeastern’s Division of Public Safety reports.

Monday, November 7 2 p.m. A Resident Assistant (RA) performing an inspection in West Village G came across a hash pipe in a 20-year-old male resident’s room. The RA turned over the pipe to Northeastern Police (NUPD) officers. When interviewed, the student admitted it was his pipe and that he was on probation by the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution (OSCCR) for underage drinking. He will be reported to OSCCR.

11:30 p.m. An RA in Kennedy Hall reported an intoxicated 18-year-old male student vomiting in the hall. He was transported to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and will be reported to OSCCR.

Tuesday, November 8 3 p.m. An RA in 780 Columbus Ave. reported the odor of marijuana and requested police assistance. A 21-year-old female resident was spoken to but denied she had been smoking. She was uncooperative. It was discovered she had been referred to OSCCR previously for marijuana possession. She will be reported to OSCCR.

5:30 p.m. Several callers reported loud and disorderly young teens outside the Curry Student Center by the Mugar Life Sciences Building. Responding officers encountered several local high school students and sent them on their way. They notified the high school’s headmaster and each has been told they are not welcome back on campus.

6 p.m. An 18-year-old female resident of Willis Hall reported she was missing more and more clothing each day and she believed her roommate was taking it. Residence Life staff has spoken to them and there may have been a misunderstanding about how much clothing could be borrowed.

A 21-year-old female student found her car scratched with a key while parked in North Lot. She reported she had a dispute with somebody over a parking space that morning and assumed the same person was responsible.

9 p.m. Police went to the third floor of Speare Hall to talk to a 19-year-old female student about a previous drug incident. During the conversation she turned over some marijuana and a pipe and shared additional info about whom she buys from and sells to. She will be reported to OSCCR.

Officers went to the second floor of Speare Hall to talk to an 18-year-old male student about a previous incident and confiscated some marijuana, a bong, baggies, cash and a fake ID. He will be reported to OSCCR.

9:30 p.m. Officers found two students tugging on a door on Hemenway Street. The 18-year-old male student and 19-year-old male student were vague about what they were up to, and mentioned involvement in a scavenger hunt. They were sent on their way.

Wednesday, November 9 5 p.m. A 21-year-old female student reported she had been followed on a number of occasions by a young teenage male who would speak obscenely to her as he followed. The next morning police officers followed the student and stopped the 14-year-old on his way to school. He was given a trespass warning and told he must find a different route to school.

6 p.m. A 24-year-old female student reported her wallet had been stolen from the InfoCommons in Snell Library. The wallet contained $40, credit cards and IDs.

9 p.m. A 31-year-old male student left his camera unattended in the food court in the Curry Student Center. It was gone when he returned. A student saw someone pick it up, and claimed to know the person who took it. He said he would keep in touch. He has not made contact since.

Thursday, November 10 Midnight A proctor refused to admit a student to Loftman Hall, because he didn’t have an ID on him. The 19-year-old resident smashed a window and a door in frustration. He was eventually let in by his roommate. He will be reported to OSCCR.

1 a.m. An RA reported an intoxicated and vomiting 19-year-old male student in Speare Hall. When officers arrived he was uncooperative and verbally abusive. He was transported to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and will be reported to OSCCR.

9 a.m. A 25-year-old female law student reported that someone entered her locker and stole her IDs and credit cards the night before between 5 and 7 p.m. She immediately canceled her cards, but found it had already been used twice.

10 a.m. A 23-year-old male student reported his wallet was taken from his pants in the Marino Center locker room the previous evening.

3 p.m. A female student reported several young males walked by her near the Egan Research Center, and one touched her inappropriately. The incident is under investigation.

8:30 p.m. A caller reported that a person had fallen down behind the Egan Research Center. A 16-year-old male was found too intoxicated to walk, and was transported to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.

Friday, November 11 Midnight There were several complaints about a party at 204 Hemenway St. When police arrived, nobody admitted to living there and everyone left the apartment. Police obtained a key and locked the place as they left.

Midnight A proctor in Davenport A reported an intoxicated 17-year-old was in the lobby. Her 21-year-old brother took custody of her.

1 a.m. Several callers reported someone kicking parked cars near the Camden Street footbridge. A 19-year-old male student, who originally lied about who he was and carried several fake IDs, admitted to the vandalism. He will be reported to OSCCR.

Saturday, November 12 3 a.m. An RA in Willis Hall reported a 19-year-old female had been carried in by a male friend. He carried her up to her room and then left. Officers responded, and the student was transported to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and will be reported to OSCCR.

1 p.m. A caller reported that a man was harassing pedestrians on Leon Street. Police responded and found 23-year-old Jose Jimenez, a Dorchester resident. As officers were questioning him, they found that he had a previous arrest for possession of a stolen car, but had failed to appear at his hearing. He was arrested again and arraigned the next day at Roxbury District Court.

Sunday, November 13 5 a.m. An 18-year-old male student and a 19-year-old male student were walking on Huntington Avenue when people in a passing car yelled obscenities at them, then stopped directly in front of them. One passenger reached out at them with what may have been a gun, asking for their money. The students ran away.