Northeastern Crime Log

By Matt Nielsen

Crime Log entries are selected from Northeastern’s Division of Public Safety reports.

Monday, November 28 10:30 a.m. Four high school students on the field across from Columbus Place appeared to be passing something between them. When an officer talked to them, he discovered they were skipping school. No substances were found.

3:30 p.m. A 19-year-old female resident of White Hall reported her wallet missing. She realized it was gone when she was packing for the Thanksgiving holiday.

Tuesday, November 29 1:30 a.m. An 18-year-old female student was seen being carried down Hemenway Street by three males. An officer offered his assistance, and decided she should go to the hospital. She was transported to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and will be reported to the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution (OSCCR).

Noon A staff member in Hayden Hall reported a computer stolen from the fourth floor between Nov. 24 and Nov. 28.

An 18-year-old male student reported his books missing after leaving them on the third floor of Snell Library.

4:30 p.m. A 20-year-old female student living in a leased apartment on Hemenway Street reported a man came to her apartment saying he had to measure her windows. She later reported the incident and found no maintenance had been scheduled for her apartment. Nothing was reported missing.

5 p.m. The fire alarm in Stetson West went off due to badly burned popcorn.

6 p.m. A man was reportedly harassing students in Krentzman Quad. Police recognized the man and discovered there was a warrant out for him for failure to appear in court. Robert Jones, 49, of Dorchester, was arrested and was arraigned the following day in Roxbury District Court.

Thursday, December 1 1:30 a.m. A 21-year-old male left his wallet in the InfoCommons at Snell Library. When his wallet was returned, he found his driver’s license was missing.

7 p.m. Officers working on a previous drug investigation interviewed three 18-year-old males from White Hall, who admitted they have used marijuana on campus. They turned over some paraphernalia and showed a willingness to identify dealers. They will be reported to OSCCR.

Friday, December 2 5:30 a.m. A female employee reported she was in her office when someone tried to open her door. The visitor was middle-aged and claimed he was looking for someone she didn’t know. She reported it to police later, who found there were no building staff members who matched his description.

9:30 p.m. An officer at the Northeastern men’s hockey game saw a male drinking a beer in the stands. The 21-year-old had brought it from home. It was confiscated, and the student was sent on his way.

Two students were found smoking marijuana in the basement of Loftman Hall. The police confiscated their material. The 18-year-old female and the 19-year-old male will be reported to OSCCR.

Saturday, December 3 3 a.m. Friends of a 20-year-old male student called from a St. Stephen Street apartment because their roommate was intoxicated and vomiting blood. He was transported to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and will be reported to OSCCR.

11:30 p.m. A proctor reported a female student was being carried into West Village E by several people. The 20-year-old had been drinking off campus, but did not need hospitalization.

Sunday, December 4 1 a.m. A female student at afterHOURS reported a man had grabbed her inappropriately. Officers learned he was wanted for failure to appear in court on trespassing arrest. James Frederick, 21, of Boston, was arrested and arraigned in Roxbury District Court the next day. He has no affiliation with Northeastern.

1 a.m. A Resident Assistant found an 18-year-old male intoxicated and passed out in the men’s room at Kerr Hall. He was transported to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and will be reported to OSCCR.

NUPD officers assisted Boston Police officers at a party at 610 Columbus Ave., which had been reported as rowdy. Two 21-year-old Northeastern students claimed they threw the party, but said they didn’t expect so many uninvited guests. They will be reported to OSCCR.

2:30 a.m. A 21-year-old female student reported she had lost her purse at afterHOURS. It contained a cell phone and credit cards.