Northeastern Crime Log

By Matthew J. Nielson

Crime Log entries are selected from Northeastern’s Division of Public Safety reports.

Monday, December 5 3 p.m. A staff member from Meserve Hall reported a personal computer missing from an unlocked room on the second floor.

Tuesday, December 6 3 a.m. Officers found a Wentworth Institute of Technology student urinating on the sidewalk on Huntington Avenue. Chase Meyers, 19, was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct. He was arraigned in Roxbury District Court the next day.

8:30 p.m. An 18-year-old female resident of West Village B reported a dispute with her roommates regarding chores. She said she didn’t feel safe and was moved immediately. The Office of Student Conflict and Conflict Resolution and Residence Life staff will continue to mediate.

10 p.m. Officers found a man loitering and drinking alcoholic beverages in the Curry Student Center. Paul Feeney, 55, was arrested on an outstanding warrant for failure to appear in court. He was arraigned in Roxbury District Court the next day.

Wednesday, December 7 Noon A 27-year-old male graduate student reported his car window broken and his portable Global Positioning System (GPS) device stolen while his car was parked in Renaissance Garage.

6:30 p.m. A 26-year-old male graduate student reported his car window and his portable GPS stolen while his car was parked in Renaissance Garage.

7 p.m. A proctor in West Village A reported a 20-year-old female student appeared intoxicated and was vomiting. The student told officers she had been drinking at a holiday party with her co-op colleagues. She will be reported to OSCCR.

Thursday, December 8 1:30 a.m. A 20-year-old female student reported her cell phone stolen while she attempted to leave her 21-year-old boyfriend’s car following a dispute.

1 p.m. An 18-year-old female student reported her purse was stolen from the foyer of the Sacred Space during church services. The purse contained about $100 and credit cards.

3 p.m. A 21-year-old West Campus A resident reported he was harassed by his 19-year-old former roommate after the latter was disciplined by OSCCR for drug violations. The 19-year-old had blamed his former roommate for turning him in. OSCCR increased his penalty, and he has not been allowed to return to campus.

Friday, December 9 1:30 p.m. A 19-year-old student reported her wallet stolen from the second floor of Hayden Hall.

2 p.m. A 21-year-old male student reported his car window broken and his portable GPS stolen while his car was parked in Columbus Garage.

Saturday, December 10 2:30 a.m. A 21-year-old male student at 218 Hemenway St. reported a neighbor struck him in the face after the student asked him to be quiet.

3 a.m. Officers found a 19-year-old female student passed out at 10 Coventry St. She was allowed to stay with friends there, but will be reported to OSCCR.

4 p.m. A 20-year-old male student reported he was robbed on the Camden Street footbridge by four teens. A cell phone and $40 were stolen. The victim’s roommate reported he was robbed at the same place and time by four teens the previous day.

Sunday, December 11 3:30 a.m. A Resident Assistant (RA) reported an allegedly intoxicated student in the lobby of Stetson West. The 18-year-old student was transported to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and will be reported to OSCCR.

5 p.m. Officers responded to reports that an 18-year-old female student and an 18-year-old male non-student were arguing loudly in Speare Hall. When officers arrived, the male was told to leave and complied. No disciplinary action was taken.

Monday, December 12 2 p.m. A 20-year-old male student reported his wallet stolen from a locker in Cabot Physical Education Center. It was later discovered his debit cards had been used at various locations throughout the city.

3 p.m. An RA in Davenport Commons detected the odor of marijuana coming from one of the apartments. The 21-year-old and 22-year-old residents were found to be in possession and will be reported to OSCCR.

4 p.m. A 23-year-old reported a video camera she had borrowed from the university had been stolen from her car.

Wednesday, December 14 4 p.m. A 19-year-old male student reported his iPod missing from his room in White Hall.

Thursday, December 15 2 p.m. A 25-year-old female staff member reported her purse missing from her office in Meserve Hall.

Friday, December 16 3:30 a.m. A coat was reported stolen from a 20-year-old resident of Loftman Hall. While officers were questioning other residents, the coat was returned.

3 p.m. A 19-year-old female student reported her passport missing from her room.

6 p.m. An RA in Loftman Hall reported a threatening note left for his former roommate by a suspended student.

7:30 p.m. A 21-year-old male student was taken to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center after a drinking binge left him ill and vomiting. He will be reported to OSCCR.

Saturday, December 17 3:30 a.m. Jae Kyung Kim, a 21-year-old male student was arrested in West Village A after he forced his way into a woman’s room and fell asleep on her bed. He later admitted he was so intoxicated he thought he was in his own room, which is located across the hall. He was arraigned the next day at Roxbury District Court.

Sunday, December 18 3 p.m. A small fire set off the sprinkler system in the Egan building. There was minor damage. Fire officials said the fire had “suspicious origins.”

9:30 p.m. A 20-year-old female student reported she was robbed near Loftman Hall by six teenage girls. Her cell phone was stolen.

Wednesday, December 28 11:30 p.m. Boston Police reported there had been three armed robberies by five juveniles in the South End near Dartmouth Street. One NUPD officer noticed five juveniles walking through a parking lot. He detained them until backup arrived, and they recovered knives, cell phones, iPods and cash. The suspects were identified by their victims. One 13-year-old, a 14-year-old, two 15-year-olds and a 17-year-old, all males, were apprehended.

Thursday, December 29 1:30 p.m. A 21-year-old male student reported he had lost his wallet in the Cabot Physical Education Center. It contained $200 cash and credit cards.

Wednesday, January 4 1 p.m. A 20-year-old male resident of Davenport Commons, returning from holiday break, found his apartment messy and cluttered with beer cans. Officers confiscated them, along with marijuana they found. The 19-year-old and 20-year-old roommates were visited soon after and officers confiscated bags of marijuana, a bong and more beer. The students will be reported to OSCCR.

2 p.m. A laptop computer was reported missing from Lake Hall by a staff member. The area had been flooded and needed to be aired out and repaired, causing the door to be left open for an extended period of time.

Thursday, January 5 2 p.m. A 28-year-old female student reported her laptop stolen from Snell Library.

Saturday, January 7 12:30 a.m. An RA on the second floor of Kennedy Hall requested police assistance after detecting the odor of marijuana. An 18-year-old male student was found to be in possession. A Massachusetts Institute of Technology student left the student’s room as the police arrived, and the student claimed the MIT student was his supplier. He will be reported to OSCCR.

11 p.m. An RA in Loftman Hall detected the odor of marijuana coming from one of the apartments. Officers identified an 18-year-old, a 20-year-old, a 21-year-old and a 23-year-old, all male students, in the apartment. They will be reported to OSCCR.

Sunday, January 8 2 a.m. Officers found an allegedly intoxicated 18-year-old female student wandering through West Village without any shoes. She was taken to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, but reported she hadn’t been drinking alcohol at the party the previous night. She will be reported to OSCCR.

9:30 p.m. Marijuana smoke set off the fire alarm in a fifth floor Davenport B apartment. The female resident claimed she wasn’t smoking marijuana, but she was the only one in the apartment at the time. She will be reported to OSCCR.