Northeastern Crime Log

By Matthew J. Nielsen

Crime Log entries are selected from Northeastern’s Division of Public Safety reports.

Monday, February 27 5 p.m. A female student reported she was sexually assaulted by an invited guest in her residence hall room the previous evening. Mario Civil, 26, of Randolph, was arrested for rape and indecent assault and battery on March 3, and was arraigned the same day. Tuesday, February 28 10 a.m. Staff of the Marino Center reported finding a knife with somebody’s exercise gear in the locker room. The middle-aged male’s gym privileges have been revoked. 9:30 p.m. Officers received several reports of a woman exposing her upper torso to passersby on St. Stephen Street. Officers discovered that it was actually an intoxicated 32-year-old male who was undergoing hormone therapy. He was taken to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. Wednesday, March 1 11:30 p.m. Staff of Stetson East reported that a 19-year-old male resident was suffering a serious medical reaction to marijuana. He was taken to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and will be reported to the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution (OSCCR). Thursday, March 2 1:30 p.m. A 23-year-old graduate student residing at 115 St. Stephen St. reported being awakened at 3 a.m. by pounding on his back door. When he went to the door, no one was there. Police later determined someone had attempted to break into his and his neighbor’s apartments. 8 p.m. A 21-year-old female student was detained after running naked through an event at Blackman Auditorium. She will be reported to OSCCR. An unidentified male also ran naked through the same event but was not apprehended. (See story, page 3) Friday, March 3 12:30 a.m. Officers discovered an intoxicated 18-year-old male student staggering down the Fenway. He was taken to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and will be reported to OSCCR. 2:30 a.m. Officers saw a man leave Our House East and climb onto a parked car. Officers detained the intoxicated 22-year-old student until the owner of the car received an apology. The student will be reported to OSCCR.

Noon A manager at Wollaston’s near the Marino Center reported he was detaining a shoplifter. An 18-year-old student had taken eye drops out of their box and placed the box back on the shelf. He will be reported to OSCCR. 11:30 p.m. A female student reported her 19-year-old female roommate was intoxicated and passed out at 114 Hemenway St. She was taken to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and will be reported to OSCCR. Saturday, March 4 2 a.m. An officer patrolling near Our House East witnessed a 22-year-old male student shoving an Our House manager who was escorting him out of the bar. The officer broke up the altercation. The student will be reported to OSCCR and is now banned from the establishment. 3:30 a.m. The proctor at West Village C reported a group of students had become disorderly after trying to sign in too many guests. Officers arrived and sent the guests home. 11 a.m. Staff at Stetson West reported finding a bong in an 18-year-old male’s room during inspections. He will be reported to OSCCR. 6:30 p.m. Officers arrested Vida Wright, 57, after she was found trespassing at Speare Hall. She was arraigned the following Monday at Roxbury District Court. Sunday, March 5 2 a.m. Officers received reports of an intoxicated woman bothering passersby in the West Village quad. The 22-year-old female student was taken to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and will be reported to OSCCR. 2:30 p.m. Eight members of the men’s crew team reported their wallets had been stolen from the boathouse during practice. Monday, March 6 11 a.m. Staff of West Village G reported finding a bong in a 20-year-old female student’s room during inspections. She will be reported to OSCCR. 2:30 p.m. Staff of West Village G reported finding beer funnels in a 22-year-old male student’s room during inspections. He will be reported to OSCCR. 2:30 p.m. Staff of West Village G reported finding marijuana in a 23-year-old male student’s room during inspections. He will be reported to OSCCR.

6 p.m. The Boston Police Department put out an alert for two teenage females who had robbed a 20-year-old Massachusetts School of Art student at knifepoint earlier that day. NUPD officers located and detained the 15-year-old and 17-year-olds on Forsyth Street. Boston Police Officers took them into custody. Tuesday, March 7 3 p.m. Staff at 780 Columbus Ave. reported finding a bong in a 19-year-old male student’s room during inspections. He will be reported to OSCCR. Thursday, March 9 2:30 p.m. Staff at Willis Hall reported finding a marijuana pipe in an 18-year-old female student’s room during inspections. She will be reported to OSCCR. 3 p.m. Staff at Willis Hall reported finding a bong and a marijuana pipe in a 19-year-old male student’s room during inspections. He will be reported to OSCCR. Friday, March 10 10 a.m. Staff of the Columbus Avenue garage noticed a car with fraudulent parking decals. The owner admitted to photographing a real decal, printing it, laminating it and attaching it to his car. His car was towed and he is no longer allowed to park on the premises. Saturday, March 11 2:30 a.m. Officers responded to 335 Huntington Ave. after receiving complaints about a loud party. They reminded the 23-year-old and 25-year-old male residents that several noise complaints against them were already on record. They will be reported to OSCCR. In addition, a 25-year-old guest was ordered to leave the apartment for violating Northeastern University housing rules by moving in without alerting housing officials. 4 a.m. A proctor at West Village H reported an intoxicated 20-year-old female student had become disorderly after trying to sign in more guests than she was allotted. Officers let her choose which guests she wanted to sign in and sent the others home. 7:30 a.m. A female staff member in Dodge Hall reported finding a man in the ladies restroom on the third floor. Jeffrey Whitney, 19, was located and arrested for trespassing. He was arraigned the following Monday at Roxbury District Court. 5:30 p.m. A female staff member returned to her car in the North Lot and found her window broken but nothing missing. 10:30 p.m. An alumnus returned to his car in Renaissance Garage and found his window broken and some articles of clothing missing. Sunday, March 12 Noon Officers received reports that a man was attempting to sell a stun gun on Gainsborough Street. The man was located, and after initially denying he owned a stun gun, one was found in his jacket. A small amount of cocaine was also found. Scott Blake, 32, was arrested for possession of cocaine and an illegal electric weapon. He was arraigned the next day at Roxbury District Court. 3 p.m. A male visitor parked in the Columbus Avenue garage returned to his car to find his window broken and his radio/CD player and about 100 CDs stolen. 6 p.m. A 23-year-old female student reported her 21-year-old female roommate would not allow her to leave her West Village H apartment during a dispute. Officers and West H staff ended the altercation, and ResLife will mediate the dispute.