Northeastern Crime Log

By Matthew J. Nielsen

Crime Log entries are selected from Northeastern’s Division of Public Safety reports.

Monday, April 10 2:30 p.m. A 22-year-old male student reported his cell phone stolen from the Marino Center food court.

9 p.m. A 22-year-old female student reported her bicycle stolen from a fence on World Series Way.

Tuesday, April 11 12:30 p.m. Staff in the Forsyth building reported a laptop stolen from the second floor.

2 p.m. A parking attendant in the Columbus Avenue garage confiscated a fake parking decal from a vehicle belonging to a 22-year-old male student. He will be reported to the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution (OSCCR).

5 p.m. A male staff member reported his bike stolen from a fence on World Series Way. Police camera footage shows a male riding up to the fence on a red bike, abandoning it and taking the staff member’s blue bike.

7 p.m. A 22-year-old male student reported he accidentally left his wallet in Snell Library. When he returned, $30 and credit cards had been stolen.

Wednesday, April 12 9:30 a.m. A 23-year-old female student reported her wallet had been stolen from her bag in Lake Hall. She also reported that the same thing had happened to her friend, a 19-year-old female student. In all, $20 and several credit cards were stolen.

10 a.m. Seven male students taking a swim class in the Cabot Center reported the locks had been cut off their lockers and cash had been stolen from all of their wallets.

9 p.m. A 23-year-old female student reported the passenger window had been broken on her car, which was parked in the Columbus Avenue garage. Some costume jewelry and a few checks were stolen. An officer checking the rest of the garage found another car with a broken window belonging to a 22-year-old female student, whose purse, credit cards and a $100 gift certificate were stolen.

Thursday, April 13 1 a.m. A custodian in Ell Hall reported his wallet was stolen from his jacket, which he had accidentally left in the second-floor lounge.

3:30 a.m. Police received reports that a person was attempting to break into a car on Parker Street outside West Village A. When officers arrived they found several tools and a ski mask. Eventually the man was discovered hiding in a bush nearby. Nothing was missing from the vehicle. James Ellis, 30, was arrested for attempting to break into the vehicle and was arraigned the following day at Roxbury District Court.

Friday, April 14 4 a.m. An officer in Speare Place recognized a male talking to a female student as somebody who had previously been banned from campus. Eaine Meca, 19, was arrested for trespassing and was arraigned the following Tuesday at Roxbury District Court.

1:30 p.m. An 18-year-old female resident of White Hall reported some of her clothes had been stolen from the laundry room.

Sunday, April 16 2:30 a.m. A 24-year-old male student reported his 23-year-old friend had been attacked by another 23-year-old male student and was now being chased. He reported his friend had been conversing with a female when the other male made lewd comments to her. When his friend stuck up for her, he was struck several times and was bleeding from his ear. The suspect was arrested by Boston Police officers, and he will be reported to OSCCR.

4 a.m. A fire alarm was triggered at Davenport A after someone set off a fire extinguisher.

9 a.m. A 19-year-old male student reported receiving harassing e-mails from another 19-year-old male student. They apparently had a dispute involving debts owed over tickets to a basketball game. The case is still under investigation.

4 p.m. A 21-year-old female student reported that some personal items had been stolen from her room in Burstein Hall.

Monday, April 17 11 p.m. Officers received several noise complaints about a party at 335 Huntington Ave. Officers have responded to this apartment on several occasions and the residents have been reported to OSCCR before. A friend had been kicked out of the apartment in March for living there without the university’s knowledge and had been warned not to return. Responding officers found him there again, and arrested him for trespassing. Todd Megreath, 25, was arraigned the following day at Roxbury District Court. The residents of the apartment will be reported to OSCCR.