Event Calendar: Thursday, Feb. 22 – Wednesday, Feb. 28

Samuel Kim

Our event calendar from Thursday, Feb. 22 – Wednesday, Feb. 28 highlights events in and around Boston that you do not want to miss.

Thursday, Feb. 22

It’s the Lunar New Year! Celebrate the holiday with your fellow Huskies at the Lunar New Year Celebration, co-hosted by Northeastern’s Chinese Student Association and Office of Global Services. Make traditional Chinese crafts, learn Chinese calligraphy and visit different booths to learn more about how Chinese communities celebrate this important festival. Tickets can be found here. 5:30 p.m. – 8 p.m.; Curry Student Center Ballroom; Free.

Friday, Feb. 23

Empanadas… They’re warm, savory and oh-so-flavorful. What’s not to like about pastries stuffed with meat and veggies? Buenas, a restaurant that sells empanadas and a variety of sauces, will be having their debut pop-up at Lamplighter Brewing Co. in Cambridge. Don’t miss this opportunity to munch on some delicious oven-baked goods, including vegetarian options. 6 p.m. – 9 p.m.; Cambridge; Prices vary.

Saturday, Feb. 24

Watching a play that was fully produced in just 24 hours is the experience you never knew you needed. Now, you have the chance to see students from Northeastern theatre groups, Acting Out and NU Stage Musical Theater Company, put their minds together to do just that. Students will start writing the script at 8 p.m. Friday night. Then, directors will begin putting the play together at 8 a.m. Saturday and rehearsals will start an hour later. This will all culminate in a free performance at 8 p.m. in AfterHours. 8 p.m.; AfterHours; Free.

Sunday, Feb. 25

Didn’t get to make it to the Lunar New Year celebration on Thursday? No worries – there will be a lion dance parade in Chinatown. Ten lion dance troupes will start with a performance at the Main Stage in Chinatown’s Phillips Square, located at the corner of Harrison Avenue and Beach Street. There will also be martial arts performances at the Main Stage. In addition, you can visit the Chinese Consolidated Benevolent Association of New England at 90 Tyler St. for traditional calligraphy, crafts and music. 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.; Chinatown; Free.

Monday, Feb. 26

Pizza, drinks and board games. Name a better trio – I’ll wait. The Pizzeria Regina branch in Allston will bring in a host from BoardGame Empire, a company in Cambridge, to host a game night. There will be more than 50 free games to play, including Cards Against Humanity and Codenames. The hosts will be resident experts on the rules to all the games, so relax as you learn to play new games while enjoying some authentic pizza. 7 p.m. – 10 p.m.; Allston; Prices vary.

Tuesday, Feb. 27

The last event of Asian American Heritage Week is a panel discussion with Justin Chon, a Korean-American actor who has been in some big hits including “Twilight” and “21 & Over.” Chon will discuss his experience in the entertainment industry as an Asian-American. The event is co-hosted by Northeastern’s Kappa Phi Lambda sorority, Xi chapter and the Asian American Center. 6 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.; Curry Student Center Ballroom; Free.

Wednesday, Feb. 28

Head to the John D. O’Bryant African American Institute for “Taste of the African Diaspora,” co-hosted by the Northeastern Black Student Association and the Caribbean Student Organization. The event will feature foods unique to Africans around the world and provide a space for staff, students, faculty and alumni to connect while listening to traditional African music. 4 p.m. – 6 p.m.; John D. O’Bryant African American Institute; Free.