Crime Log: Monday, October 1 – Monday, October 8

Compiled by Jill Sojourner, news staff

Monday, Oct. 1

5:33 a.m.

An NU student reported her clothes were stolen from the laundry room in Burstein Hall. A report was filed.

11:39 a.m.

An NU staff member reported receiving a call from the manager of the Midtown Hotel, who reported an NU student damaged property at the hotel over the weekend. The Northeastern University Police Department, or NUPD, responded and reported several lights and exit signs were damaged. A report was filed.

11:50 a.m.

The manager of Wollaston’s Market in the Marino Recreation Center reported detaining an NU student for shoplifting. NUPD responded and reported banning the student from both Wollaston’s Market locations and sending him on his way. A report was filed.

5:07 p.m.

An NU student reported his bicycle was stolen from the bicycle racks outside of Hayden Hall. A report was filed.

9:35 p.m.

An NU student reported his bicycle lock appeared to have been tampered with. A report was filed.

10:02 p.m.

An NU student reported a man, who was unaffiliated with the university, attempting to cut a lock off of a bicycle with bolt cutters outside of Hayden Hall. NUPD reported locating a man on the roof of the SquashBusters Center who matched the description given by the student. NUPD further reported arresting the man for attempted larceny. A report was filed.

11:24 p.m.

An NU staff member reported finding what he believed to be marijuana in a West Village A stairwell. NUPD responded and reported confiscating the marijuana. A report was filed.

Tuesday, Oct. 2

12:17 a.m.

An NU student reported his bicycle was stolen from the bicycle racks outside of International Village, or IV. A report was filed.

3:01 a.m.

An NUPD officer reported stopping a man who was pushing a bicycle in the Fenway Center parking lot. NUPD further reported banning the man from all NU property and sending him on his way. A report was filed.

3:36 a.m.

The manager of Wollaston’s Market in the Marino Recreation Center reported a man attempting to steal a bicycle. NUPD reported searching the area with negative results. A report was filed.

11:46 a.m.

11:29 p.m.

NUPD officers reported a man attempted to steal a bicycle from inside the Renaissance Park Garage and fled the area on foot toward Ruggles Street. NUPD further reported locating the bicycle, which was still intact, locked and secured. A report was filed.

Thursday, Oct. 4

6:59 a.m.

An NU staff member reported being followed around campus by a man, who was unaffiliated with NU, and that the man was sitting on a bench between West Village C and West Village B at the time of the report. NUPD responded and reported banning the man from all NU property and sending him on his way. A report was filed.

5:32 p.m.

A Northeastern University Bookstore staff member reported a man who he believed to have previously shoplifted from the store. NUPD responded and reported arresting the man, who was unaffiliated with NU, for shoplifting and trespassing. A report was filed.

Saturday, Oct. 6

12:08 a.m.

An individual reported finding an NU student passed out in IV. NUPD responded and reported the student was conscious but not alert, and requested Emergency Medical Services, or EMS, who cleared the student. A report was filed.

12:45 a.m.

An individual reported an NU student was intoxicated and in need of medical attention. NUPD responded and requested EMS, who transported the student to the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. A report was filed.

10:17 a.m.

An NU student reported his bicycle was stolen from outside of Shillman Hall. A report was filed.

Sunday, Oct. 7

2:23 a.m.

NUPD reported EMS was responding to 116 St. Stephen St. for an intoxicated woman, who was unaffiliated with NU. NUPD further reported EMS transported the woman to the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. A report was filed.

• Crime Log: Monday, October 1 – Monday, October 8

Campus

NU conservatives raise concerns about political intolerance

Campus

SGA transitions to annual budget allocation system

Front 1

SGA adds abstain option to upcoming elections ballot

Campus

Chris Brown to run for SGA president unopposed

Campus

Top political journalists share their experiences reporting on the White House

Campus

NU Makers Club lets students pursue their artistic passions

Campus

Women’s History Month Symposium raises new ideas on feminist resilience

Campus

Students pursue diverse range of Spring Break opportunities

Campus

NU COE dean appointed provost of Tufts

Campus

Democratic students overwhelmed by field of primary candidates