Crime Log: Monday, March 11 to Sunday, March 17

Sully Barrett, news staff

Monday, March 11

An employee of Wollaston’s Market at Marino Recreation Center reported an NU student attempting to shoplift. Officers responded and banned the student from both Wollaston’s locations. A report was filed.

An RA reported finding drug paraphernalia in a room in Hastings Hall while conducting health and safety checks. A report was filed.

An NU student reported his laptop was stolen from Snell Library. A report was filed.

Tuesday, March 12

An NUPD detective reported an NU student was charged by the Natick Police Department for larceny under $1,200. A report was filed.

The Boston Police Department reported shots fired near the department’s headquarters. Officers responded and reported finding a person who had been shot in the chest on Annunciation Road and that two men fled the scene in a car. Officers reported the victim’s wounds were not life-threatening and that an ambulance transported the victim to Brigham and Women’s Hospital. A report was filed.

An RA reported receiving information that an NU student was smoking marijuana in a bathroom in International Village, or IV. Officers responded and reported the student was smoking cigarettes and claimed he did not know smoking in the bathroom was prohibited. A report was filed.

Wednesday, March 13

An individual not affiliated with NU reported her bike was stolen from the rack outside Shillman Hall. A report was filed.

The Chief Security Officer reported finding a fake ID while searching an NU student’s wallet that was turned into the lost and found at Columbus Place. A report was filed.

Officers responded to a fire alarm that went off at 10 Coventry St. Officers reported heavy smoke on the second floor of the building and that there was a grease fire in one of the rooms. The Boston Fire Department responded and reported extinguishing the fire. A report was filed.

Thursday, March 14

The manager of Wollaston’s Market in West Village reported a Wentworth Institute of Technology student shoplifting. Officers responded and banned the student from both Wollaston’s locations. A report was filed.

An NU student reported a wheel was stolen off his bike from the rack outside Snell Library. A report was filed.

An NU student reported her clothing was stolen from the laundry room in West Village F. A report was filed.

An NU student reported his earbuds were stolen from the Marino Recreation Center. A report was filed.

Friday, March 15

Officers reported stopping three NU students in an alley behind Rubenstein Hall and confiscating less than an ounce of marijuana. A report was filed.

An NU student reported an individual was slumped over a chair outside the proctor station in West Village F. Officers responded and reported identifying the individual as an NU student. Boston Emergency Medical Services responded and transported the student home. A report was filed.

An NU student reported her external hard drive was stolen from Snell Library. A report was filed.

Saturday, March 16

An RA reported finding a bong in a room in Stetson East while conducting health and safety checks. Officers responded and reported confiscating the paraphernalia. A report was filed.

An NU student reported his earbuds were stolen from the YMCA on March 13. A report was filed.

An officer reported stopping a man not affiliated with NU in the bathroom of Marino Recreation Center. The officer placed the man under arrest for active warrants for trespassing and assault and battery. A report was filed.

Sunday, March 17

An NU student reported an intoxicated NU student needed medical assistance in Speare Hall. Officers responded and reported the student had been vomiting for over an hour. Officers reported an ambulance transported the student to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, or BIDMC, for further evaluation. A report was filed.

An individual reported a fight outside of Ruggles Station. NUPD responded and reported a woman had struck a man with a snow scraper that belonged to him. BPD responded and reported placing the woman under arrest. A report was filed.

An RSO reported a man sleeping on a couch in the lobby of IV. Officers responded and reported the man was highly intoxicated and claimed to be an NU student. The man was banned from NU property and transported to BIDMC for medical evaluation. A report was filed.