Event Calendar: Thursday, April 4 – Wednesday, April 10

Ali Dusinberre, deputy lifestyle editor

Thursday, April 4, Public Good Forum at the Boston Public Library

Community Labor United will hold a forum to honor Martin Luther King Jr. 51 years after his assassination. The conversation will focus on the importance of the public sector and methods to protect and expand it. Speakers will include State Senator Marc Pacheco, Boston Public Library President David Leonard and more. 6 p.m.-8 p.m.; Courtyard Restaurant; Free.

Friday, April 5, Downbeats Prom

A fan of a cappella, or just missing your senior prom? Head over to the ISEC auditorium Friday night for Northeastern a cappella group the Downbeats’ prom-themed spring show. The show will feature guest groups Pitch, Please! and MIT’s Syncopasian. 8 p.m.-9:30 p.m.; Northeastern University ISEC; Free.  

Saturday, April 6, CUP Presents: Springfest Concert 2019

Don’t miss your chance to see 2 Chainz, King Princess and MisterWives live at Matthews Arena for the annual Springfest concert. The show is the last event of the week-long Springfest Rewind 2019 hosted by the Council for University Programs, or CUP. Purchase your ticket now through myNortheastern. 6:30 p.m.-9:30 p.m.; Matthews Arena; $15 for NU undergraduates, $30 for graduate, CPS and law students.

Sunday, April 7, NU & Improv’d Presents: The 15th Annual Beanpot of Comedy

NU & Improv’d will welcome a number of improv troupes from around Boston for their 15th annual Beanpot of Comedy. The night will be filled with the “most athletic improv comedy your body can handle.” Grab your free ticket now through myNortheastern. 8 p.m.-10 p.m.; Blackman Auditorium; Free.

Monday, April 8, Staged Reading: This Is Not a True Story

The Asian American Theatre Artists of Boston and the Asian Pacific Islander Arts Network will present a staged reading of Preston Choi’s “This Is Not a True Story.” The play follows the story of Madame Butterfly after she commits suicide, only to find herself awake the next morning and trapped in a never-ending loop of her story. Reserve your spot through Eventbrite. 7 p.m.-9:30 p.m.; Pao Arts Center; Free.

Tuesday, April 9, Husky Startup Challenge Demo Day

The top ventures of the intensive semester-long Husky Startup Challenge will compete at Demo Day. The event will be an opportunity to meet the founders, vote for your favorite venture and explore Northeastern’s entrepreneurial ecosystem. Reserve your spot through Eventbrite. 6 p.m.-8:30 p.m.; Curry Student Center; Free.  

Wednesday, April 10, Making a Graduate School Plan Workshop

Planning on going to grad school but feeling a little lost? Grab a notebook and head to 450 Dodge Hall for this intensive workshop detailing how to identify the right program and plan your next steps. Reserve your spot through Eventbrite. 5:30 p.m.-6:30 p.m.; NU Office of Undergraduate Research and Fellowships; Free.