Crime Log: Monday, April 8 to Sunday, April 14

Sully Barrett, deputy campus editor

Monday, April 8

An NUPD detective reported seeing an individual not affiliated with NU who had previously been banned from NU property in Hastings Hall. A report was filed.

The manager at the Marino Recreation Center reported a man not affiliated with NU was attempting to enter the gym. The manager reported the man entered the locker room after being declined entry and left the building when confronted again. A report was filed.

An NU student reported a woman was sleeping in the lobby of West Village G. Officers responded and reported the woman was not affiliated with NU and banned her from NU property. A report was filed.

An NUPD officer reported stopping a car after the driver asked an NU student personal questions outside Willis Hall. The officer reported the man was not affiliated with NU and stated he was completing a food delivery. The officer reported the man had a criminal record and banned him from NU property. A report was filed.

Tuesday, April 9

An NU student reported his parking decal was stolen from his vehicle while parked in the North Lot. A report was filed.

An NU employee reported a homeless man was sleeping near the entrance of International Village, or IV. Officers responded and arrested the man for an active warrant for open and gross lewdness. A report was filed.

An individual reported a man was passed out in the women’s restroom on the second floor of Hastings Hall. Officers responded and reported stopping the man in the lobby and that he was not affiliated with NU. Officers banned the man from NU property. A report was filed.

An employee of ABM Industries, a facility management company, reported a group of people were smoking marijuana in a room in Richards Hall. Officers responded and reported five NU students and one individual not affiliated with NU were in the room. One of the students took responsibility for the marijuana and a pipe, which the officers confiscated. The individual not affiliated with NU was banned from NU property. A report was filed.

Wednesday, April 10

An NU student reported her bike tires were stolen from the bike rack outside IV. A report was filed.

An NU student reported a man spit at her and told her to get out of his face while she was walking on Huntington Avenue. Officers responded and reported checking the area with no sign of the man. A report was filed.

Thursday, April 11

The manager at Qdoba on Huntington Avenue reported an employee was threatening her. Officers responded and reported the employee was fired and became irate. Officers banned the employee from NU property. A report was filed.

Friday, April 12

An NUPD officer reported seeing two women physically supporting each other while walking toward IV. Officers reported the women were NU students and confiscated a fake ID from one of them. A report was filed.

The manager of Wollaston’s Market at Marino Recreation Center reported an NU student was seen shoplifting toothpaste on security camera footage. A report was filed.

The manager of Wollaston’s Market at Marino Recreation Center reported an NU student was seen shoplifting protein bars on security camera footage. A report was filed.

Saturday, April 13

An NU student reported his laptop was stolen from Ryder Hall. A report was filed.

Sunday, April 14

An NU student reported that he believed the individual who stole his laptop was in Snell Library. Officers responded and reported the man, not affiliated with NU, did not have the student’s laptop but had another laptop he could not prove ownership for. Officers reported banning the man from NU property. A report was filed.

The manager of Wollaston’s Market at Marino Recreation Center reported seeing an NU student shoplifting for a second time on security camera footage. A report was filed.

The manager of Wollaston’s Market at Marino Recreation Center reported a man shoplifted several items and left the store. Officers responded and reported checking the area with no sign of the man. A report was filed.