Crime Log: Monday, April 15 to Sunday, April 21

Deanna Schwartz, deputy campus editor

Monday, April 15

An NU student reported that another NU student was intoxicated and vomiting in Willis Hall. Officers responded and requested emergency medical services, or EMS. An ambulance transported the student to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, or BIDMC, for medical evaluation. A report was filed.

An officer reported observing two NU students, who appeared to be under the age of 21, putting two cases of beer in a backpack near Sweeney Field and confiscated the beer from the students. A report was filed.

Tuesday, April 16

Officers reported stopping two individuals on Camden Street after observing them erratically operating a scooter. Officers identified them as unaffiliated with NU and that both had criminal histories. Officers contacted the Boston Police Department, or BPD, and confirmed the scooter had been reported as stolen. The individuals were placed under arrest for receiving stolen property. A report was filed.

An NU student reported his bicycle was stolen from the bike rack outside Snell Library. An officer responded and reported the bike had been secured with a cable lock. A report was filed.

Wednesday, April 17

An NU student reported that their bicycle was stolen from the rack in front of Behrakis Health Science Center. A report was filed.

An NU student reported her laundry was stolen from a dryer in Kennedy Hall. A report was filed.

An individual reported that an NU student was passed out in the third-floor men’s bathroom in Curry Student Center and that there was vomit on the floor. Officers responded and reported the student was conscious but not alert. Officers notified EMS. An ambulance transported the student to BIDMC for medical evaluation. A report was filed.

Thursday, April 18

An officer reported observing an individual on security camera footage acting suspiciously on the third floor of Curry Student Center. Officers responded and identified the individual as not affiliated with NU. Officers reported that the individual had a criminal history and was previously banned from NU property. The individual was banned from NU property again. A report was filed.

An NU student reported her bicycle was stolen from the parking lot next to 140 The Fenway overnight. Officers responded and reported the bike had been secured with a cable lock. A report was filed.

An NU student reported that she was approached by a homeless man near the Huntington Avenue and Gainsborough Street intersection. The student reported the man was mumbling to himself and pushed her. Officers responded and reported checking the area with no sign of the man. A report was filed.

Friday, April 19

BPD detectives reported placing a former NU staff member under arrest on an active warrant. A report was filed.

The manager of Wollaston’s Market at Marino Recreation Center reported an NU student was caught shoplifting and was being cooperative. Officers responded and banned the student from both Wollaston’s locations. A report was filed.

Sunday, April 21

An NU student reported his bicycle was stolen outside Kariotis Hall. A report was filed.