Crime Log: Monday, April 22 to Sunday, April 28

Deanna Schwartz, deputy campus editor

Monday, April 22

7:19 a.m.

An NU staff member reported a banned individual was in the men’s locker room sauna in Marino Recreation Center. Officers responded and placed the individual under arrest for an active warrant. A report was filed.

8:58 a.m.

A Chicken Lou’s employee reported an individual not affiliated with NU being aggressive and refusing to leave the establishment. Officers responded and banned the individual from NU property. A report was filed.

1:03 p.m.

A Marino Recreation Center employee reported finding a driver’s license belonging to an NU student that he believed to be a fake ID. Officers responded and confirmed the ID was fake. A report was filed.

9:46 p.m.

The manager of Wollaston’s Market at Marino Recreation Center reported an individual not affiliated with NU was shoplifting. Officers responded and reported stopping the individual outside the women’s restroom in Marino Center and banned them from NU property. A report was filed.

Tuesday, April 23

11:57 p.m.

A security personnel reported he was approached by two intoxicated students attempting to enter a closed building on Columbus Avenue and reported observing the students urinating on the wall and rock in front of the building. Officers responded and stopped the students. A report was filed.

Wednesday, April 24

4:12 a.m.

An individual reported investigating a man smoking marijuana in the basement of East Village and that the man approached her and offered her a blunt. Officers responded and identified the man as unaffiliated with NU with a criminal record and banned the man from NU property. A report was filed.

7:22 a.m.

An NU staff member reported observing a man acting suspiciously inside Cullinane Hall. Officers responded and identified the man as unaffiliated with NU and having a criminal record. Officers banned the man from NU property. A report was filed.

8:31 a.m.

An officer reported finding a fake ID belonging to an NU student while conducting inventory of a wallet turned in to lost and found. A report was filed.

10:03 a.m.

An NU staff member reported a man attempting to unlock his office in Hayden Hall using a wire. Officers responded and reported checking the area with no sign of the man. An officer reported the drawers inside the room were open, but nothing of value was missing. A report was filed.

6:11 p.m.

Officers reported stopping four NU students smoking marijuana at the rear of the pumphouse on the Fenway and confiscating a small amount of marijuana. A report was filed.

Thursday, April 25

11:26 a.m.

BPD reported a man breaking into the rear basement door of 309 Huntington Ave. NUPD officers responded and reported stopping the man and placing him in custody. The man was identified as unaffiliated with NU and having a criminal record. Officers placed him under arrest for breaking and entering. A report was filed.

10:11 p.m.

An NU student reported her unattended laptop was stolen from Forsyth Building. A report was filed.

Saturday, April 27

1:45 a.m.

A proctor in East Village reported a man in the basement who did not seem to be affiliated with NU. Officers responded and identified the man and another individual as being unaffiliated with NU and having criminal records. Officers banned the individuals from NU property. A report was filed.

12:03 p.m.

An individual reported finding a covered smoke detector in a room in West Village F. A report was filed.

4:47 p.m.

A residence director reported finding a bong and a blowtorch in a room in Douglass Park during an inspection. Officers responded and reported the property was confiscated. A report was filed.

Sunday, April 28

2:10 a.m.

An NU student reported their watch was stolen from Snell Library. A report was filed.