Crime Log: Monday, May 6 to Sunday, May 11

Deanna Schwartz, deputy campus editor

Monday, May 6

An NU staff member reported a student’s locker in Cargill Hall was broken into and items were stolen. A report was filed.

An RA reported finding a removed smoke detector in Stetson West while conducting inspections. A report was filed.

Tuesday, May 7

An RD reported finding a removed smoke detector in Stetson East while conducting inspections. A report was filed.

An NU student reported a tire was stolen off her bike at the bike racks outside Gainsborough Garage. A report was filed.

Wednesday, May 8

An individual reported observing a woman unaffiliated with NU looking into offices and touching a fire extinguisher in the Interdisciplinary Science and Engineering Complex. Officers responded and banned the woman from NU property. A report was filed.

An NU student reported their bike was stolen from the bike racks outside Snell Library. A report was filed.

Friday, May 10

An NU student reported several items were stolen from their locker at Squashbusters. A report was filed.

An NU staff member reported her unattended iPhone was stolen from the front steps of Richards Hall. A report was filed.

Saturday, May 11

An NUPD officer reported stopping a man unaffiliated with NU attempting to steal a bike from the bike racks outside Snell Library. Officers reported the man had a criminal record and placed him under arrest for an active warrant. A report was filed.

An employee of Wollaston’s Market in Marino Center reported their manager caught a man unaffiliated with NU shoplifting and that he was cooperative. Officers responded and reported the man had a criminal record. Officers placed him under arrest for an active warrant and charged him with possession of a Class A substance. A report was filed.