Crime Log: Monday, May 12 to Sunday, May 19

Deanna Schwartz, deputy campus editor

Monday, May 13

An NU staff member reported a laptop was stolen from Snell Library. A report was filed.

A detective reported stopping two individuals unaffiliated with NU between Gainsborough Street and Symphony Road for possible drug activity and arrested them for active warrants. One individual was charged with possession of a class B substance. A report was filed.

An employee of Wollaston’s Market in West Village reported a woman stole a pair of headphones and fled toward Behrakis Hall. Officers responded and reported checking the area with negative results. A report was filed.

Wednesday, May 15

An NU student reported his bike was stolen from the bike racks outside International Village. A report was filed.

An individual reported a man yelling in West Village H. Officers responded and reported speaking to the man, a former NU student, who was looking for information and became disorderly. Officers banned the man from NU property. A report was filed.

Thursday, May 16

An officer reported finding the basement door to Cahners Hall open and that security cameras showed a man entering the building and wandering around the basement before leaving. Officers searched the area with negative results. A report was filed.

An officer reported stopping a man unaffiliated with NU in the North Lot. The officer reported the man had a criminal record and placed him under arrest for an active warrant. The officer also found the man to be in possession of several debit cards and charged him with receiving stolen property. A report was filed.

Friday, May 17

The manager of Wollaston’s Market in West Village reported two men putting items into a backpack. Officers responded and reported speaking to the men, unaffiliated with NU, outside West Village B and found both had criminal records. Officers reported confiscating a bike, a blue tablet, a scale and a laptop from one of the men who was unable to prove the items belonged to him. Both men were banned from NU property. A report was filed.

Sunday, May 19

An NU student reported his bike was stolen from Forsyth Street in front of the NU School of Law. A report was filed.