Crime Log: Monday, May 20 to Sunday, May 26

Deanna Schwartz, deputy campus editor

Monday, May 20

An NU student reported a bike he rented from Ruggles was stolen when he left it unattended outside 748 Columbus Ave. A report was filed.

An NU student reported 30 dollars was stolen out of her wallet after she retrieved it from the lost and found in Columbus Place. A report was filed.

An individual reported her unattended backpack containing her laptop, wallet and medications was stolen from her cubicle in 271 Huntington Ave. A report was filed.

A parking booth attendant reported two teenagers stole a scanner from a parking booth in the Matthews Arena Lot and fled toward Camden Street. Officers reported checking the area with negative results. Officers later reported receiving a call from a man who refused to identify himself who said he found the scanner at the Back Bay MBTA station and turned it over to the transit police. Officers reported retrieving the item and bringing it back to headquarters. A report was filed.

An NU student reported his bike was stolen from the bike racks outside Shillman Hall. A report was filed.

An officer reported finding a bottle of vodka in a bag in the International Village, or IV, Dining Hall, which they identified as belonging to an NU student who is over 21. A report was filed.

Tuesday, May 21

An NU student reported her bike was stolen from the bike racks outside Snell Library. A report was filed.

An NU student reported his bike was stolen from the bike racks outside Snell Library. A report was filed.

Wednesday, May 22

An individual reported two people stole three Skullcandy power banks from the bookstore. Officers responded and reported checking the area with negative results. A report was filed.

Thursday, May 23

An NU staff member reported witnessing the theft of a moped outside Davenport B. Officers reported checking the area with negative results. An NU student later reported his moped was stolen from in front of Davenport B. A report was filed.

An NU student reported a man attempted to pass the proctors in IV, and refused to leave. Officers responded and reported talking to the man, identifying him as a dining services employee and sending him on his way. A few minutes later, operations reported receiving a call from a security guard who said the same man was in Ruggles Station asking people for personal information. Officers reported speaking to the man again and banning him from all NU property. A report was filed.

A fire safety officer reported finding a removed smoke detector in West Village H. Officers responded and reported confiscating two candles from the room as well. A report was filed.

The manager of Wollaston’s Market in Marino Center reported a man stole a bottle of lemon juice from the store and fled toward Symphony Market. Officers responded and reported checking the area with negative results. A report was filed.

A man unaffiliated with NU reported his unattended backpack containing headphones and a laptop was stolen from the lobby of Shillman Hall. A report was filed.

Friday, May 24

An officer reported a fake ID belonging to an NU student was turned into the lost and found. A report was filed.

Sunday, May 26

An NU student reported their friend was drinking at the Boston Calling festival and returned to their dorm in IV intoxicated. The student reported their friend was sleeping intermittently, throwing up regularly and not responsive to questions. Officers responded and reported the student was not conscious but breathing. The student, who later gained consciousness, was transported to Boston Medical Center via ambulance for further treatment. A report was filed.