Crime Log: Monday, May 27 to Sunday, June 2

Deanna Schwartz, deputy campus editor

Tuesday, May 28

The manager of Wollaston’s Market in Marino Recreation Center reported an NU student attempted to steal an energy drink from the store. Officers responded and reported the student was banned from both Wollaston’s locations. A report was filed.

Wednesday, May 29

An NU student reported his bike was stolen from outside International Village, or IV. A report was filed.

The manager of Wollaston’s Market in Marino Recreation Center reported a woman unaffiliated with NU stole an item and fled toward Huntington Avenue and that one of his employees followed the woman and spoke to her. Officers reported the woman was banned from NU property. A report was filed.

Thursday, May 30

An officer reported stopping a man unaffiliated with NU in Curry Student Center and identified that he had a criminal record and was previously banned from NU property. The officer reported the man will be summoned to court for trespassing. A report was filed.

Friday, May 31

An officer reported a Cafe Strega employee informed them that food items have been stolen after closing hours for several weeks. A report was filed.

Saturday, June 1

An NU student reported her bike was stolen from the bike racks outside IV. A report was filed.

An individual reported a man unaffiliated with NU was throwing products on the ground and asking customers to buy him items inside Wollaston’s Market in Marino Recreation Center. Officers responded and banned the man from NU property. A report was filed.

A security guard reported a student saw a man unaffiliated with NU casing the bike racks outside Snell Library. Responding officers banned the man from all NU property and took three unsecured bikes back to headquarters. A report was filed.

An officer reported an NU student searching the bike racks outside Snell Library. Officers responded and reported the student said he was looking for two bikes in the bike rack he had left the day before. Officers reported one of the bikes brought to headquarters earlier that evening belonged to the student, but the other had been stolen. A report was filed.

Sunday, June 2

Officers reported stopping a man unaffiliated with NU inside Curry Student Center while checking the area. Officers reported the man has a criminal record, was previously banned from NU property and has an active warrant. Officers placed the man under arrest. A report was filed.