Crime Log: Monday, June 10 to Sunday, June 16

Deanna Schwartz, deputy campus editor

Monday, June 10

A detective reported that while reviewing security footage from May 21, he observed a man stealing a bike from the bike racks in front of West Village. A report was filed.

Tuesday, June 11

The manager of Wollaston’s Market in Marino Recreation Center reported two children ordered two sandwiches and only paid for one. Officers responded and reported checking the area with negative results. A report was filed.

An NU student reported her bike was stolen from the Interdisciplinary Science and Engineering Complex footbridge. A report was filed.

The manager of Wollaston’s Market in Marino Recreation Center reported a man stole two hacksaws from the store and ran, dropping most of his belongings on the way. Officers responded and reported checking the area with negative results. A report was filed.

Wednesday, June 12

An NU staff member reported his bike was stolen from the bike racks outside Cabot Center. A report was filed.

A summer intern reported that she had placed $140 inside a book in her room in West Village A and that $76 was missing and that she believes her roommate stole the money. A report was filed.

Thursday, June 13

The manager of Wollaston’s Market in Marino Recreation Center reported a man unaffiliated with NU stole two items and left. Officers responded and reported the man had a criminal record and banned him from NU property. A report was filed.

An NU student reported her wallet was stolen from Starbucks at Curry Student Center. A report was filed.

Friday, June 14

A security guard reported finding a man unaffiliated with NU in a room in Hastings Hall. Officers reported the man had a criminal record, an active warrant and had been previously banned from NU property. Officers placed the man under arrest for the warrant and charged him with trespassing. A report was filed.

An NU student reported her laptop was stolen from Richards Hall. A report was filed.

The Boston Police Department, or BPD, reported an armed robbery at Giovanni’s Market on Columbus Avenue. BPD reported a man brandished a knife, took no money and then fled in a car. BPD and NUPD checked the area with negative results. A report was filed.

Sunday, June 16

An officer reported stopping a man unaffiliated with NU outside the Renaissance Park garage who was possibly involved in stealing bikes from the area. A parking attendant reported he observed a different man leaving the garage with a blue bike moments earlier and that he had seen the two together earlier. A security guard also reported there may have been four to five others involved. Officers reported checking the area with negative results and banned the man from NU property. A report was filed.