Crime Log: Monday, June 17 to Sunday, June 23

Deanna Schwartz, deputy campus editor

Monday, June 17

An NU staff member reported hearing people screaming in Marino Recreation Center and being informed of a robbery at B.Good. Officers responded and reported an unknown man stole an item, assaulted two employees and fled through the loading dock door. Officers reported checking the area with negative results. A report was filed. 

Officers reported stopping a man unaffiliated with NU in front of 650 Columbus Ave. for suspected drug use and confiscating pills and other drug paraphernalia. A report was filed.

An NU student reported their unsecured bike was stolen in front of International Village, or IV. A report was filed.

Tuesday, June 18

The manager of Wollaston’s Market in West Village reported stopping a group of preteen boys for shoplifting. Officers responded and reported that one boy got away with a bag of chips. A report was filed. 

Wednesday, June 19

An NU student reported the front tire of his bike was stolen from the bike racks outside IV. A report was filed.

Thursday, June 20

An officer reported a man unaffiliated with NU entered Columbus Place and took the elevator to an upper floor. Officers responded and reported finding the man in the basement and placing him under arrest for an active warrant. A report was filed.

Friday, June 21

A man unaffiliated with NU called NUPD to report a homeless man sleeping in the lobby of 115 St. Stephen St. The man then called again to report the homeless man punched him in the face and left the building. Officers responded and reported checking the area with negative results. A report was filed.

An NU student reported his unattended laptop was stolen from Dana Research Center. A report was filed.

A sergeant reported a man unaffiliated with NU said someone attempted to steal his moped by cutting the cable log. A report was filed.

Saturday, June 22

A BPD officer reported an NU student was assaulted by another NU student at a party on Boylston Street. Officers responded along with emergency medical services. A report was filed.

An officer reported a man unaffiliated with NU was behaving erratically in Columbus Place. Officers responded and reported the man had a criminal record and banned him from all NU property. A report was filed.

An officer reported stopping two men between Northampton and Camden streets engaging in drug activity. Officers reported both men had criminal records and one had an active warrant. Officers placed the man under arrest for the warrant and also charged him with possession of a Class A substance. A report was filed.

An NU student reported her unattended Beats headphones and iPhone were stolen from Snell Library. A report was filed.

An NU student reported he was assaulted near 691 Parker St. by a group of seven to eight teenagers. A report was filed.

An officer reported observing four teenagers stealing a bike from the bike racks outside ISEC and fleeing toward Ruggles. Officers checked the area with negative results and reported speaking to the owner of the bike, an NU student. A report was filed.

Sunday, June 23

An NU student reported his bike was stolen outside of Marino Recreation Center. A report was filed.