Crime Log: Monday, Aug. 19 to Sunday, Aug. 25

Sully Barrett, deputy campus editor

Monday, August 19

An officer reported a suspicious-looking man unaffiliated with NU near the bike racks outside LightView Apartments. The officer responded and reported banning the man from all NU property. A report was filed.

Tuesday, August 20

An officer reported observing a man who was previously banned from NU property entering Gainsborough Garage on security camera footage. Officers reported reminding the man unaffiliated with NU of his trespass and sending him on his way. A report was filed.

Wednesday, August 21

NUPD reported observing security camera footage of a man attempting to take parts off bicycles with a screwdriver outside International Village and leaving the area. Officers responded and reported stopping the man on Prentiss Street. Officers reported that the man, unaffiliated with NU, claimed he was removing the bell from a previously-stripped bike. Officers banned the man from all NU property. A report was filed.

An NU student reported his bike was stolen from the racks in front of Marino Recreation Center. A report was filed.

Thursday, August 22

A resident assistant reported a homeless man was sleeping in the lobby of 122 St. Stephens St. Officers responded and reported the man was unaffiliated with NU and had a criminal record. Officers placed the man under arrest for multiple active warrants. A report was filed.

Friday, August 23

An NU staff member reported an NU alumni card holder became combative and used harsh language when his card failed at Marino Recreation Center. Officers responded and reported the NU alumnus was no longer in the area. A report was filed.

Sunday, August 25

An NU student reported waking up to her window and front door ajar and her laundry scattered around her apartment at 49 Symphony Rd. Officers responded and reported there was evidence of break-ins in multiple apartments. Facility management was contacted to change the apartments’ locks. A report was filed.

An NU student reported her laptop and tablet were stolen from her unlocked vehicle while it was parked in Columbus Garage. A report was filed.

A woman unaffiliated with NU reported her phone was stolen off campus and that an NU student might have taken it. A report was filed.