Crime Log: Monday, Aug. 26 to Sunday, Sept. 1

Deanna Schwartz, campus editor

Wednesday, Aug. 28

An NU student reported his car was broken into while parked in front of 115 Hemenway St. and that nothing was stolen. A report was filed.

Thursday, Aug. 29

An NU staff member reported that students had not picked up their keys yet at the leased property at 49 Symphony Road, but that she found multiple items, including three bikes, belonging to NU students in the building. Officers responded and reported two of the bikes had been reported stolen and returned them to their owners. A report was filed.

An NU student reported his backpack containing his passport and laptop was stolen from Speare Hall. A report was filed.

Friday, Aug. 30

An officer reported a cab driver informed him that he saw a person being attacked on Columbus Avenue. Officers reported locating the victim sitting on the curb in front of the Renaissance Park Garage and that he had been severely injured by a bat. The victim reported that two men assaulted him and stole his scooter. Officers requested an ambulance to transport the victim to the hospital. A report was filed.

An NU student reported his bike was stolen from the bike racks at Speare Place. A report was filed.

A security guard requested that an officer check on a man sitting in the southwest corridor at Camden Street. Officers responded and found the man to be in possession of drugs and called an ambulance to transport him to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, or BIDMC. Officers reported the man will be summoned to court for possession of a Class A substance. A report was filed.

Saturday, Aug. 31

An NU student reported his friend was intoxicated and not alert. Officers responded and reported that the student declined medical treatment but was underage. A report was filed.

An NU student reported he was assaulted by an unknown man who attempted to steal his food and drink from the Dunkin’ on Huntington Avenue. Officers responded and reported checking the area with negative results. A report was filed.

An NU student reported his bike was stolen from the bike racks outside Marino Recreation Center. A report was filed.

A proctor in West Village B reported a man unaffiliated with NU attempted to enter the building and was turned away. Officers responded and reported stopping the man, who had a criminal record and had previously been banned from NU property. Officers placed the man under arrest for trespassing. A report was filed.

An NU student reported her bike was stolen from the bike racks outside International Village. A report was filed.

An NU alumnus reported his unattended laptop was stolen from the front steps of 774 Columbus Ave. A report was filed.

A proctor in West Village F reported an intoxicated NU student entered the building and was having difficulty walking. Officers responded and called an ambulance to transport the student to BIDMC. A report was filed.

Sunday, Sept. 1

A man unaffiliated with NU reported his backpack was stolen somewhere between Ryder Hall and Davenport Street. A report was filed.

An NU student reported he dropped his wallet inside of Wollaston’s Market in Marino Recreation Center and that an employee later told him a group of women picked up the wallet and took it. A report was filed.

An NU student reported his bike was stolen from the front of 153 Hemenway St. A report was filed.

A resident assistant reported observing a woman unaffiliated with NU lying down in the vestibule at 768 Columbus Ave. Officers responded and reported the woman has a criminal record and had been previously banned from NU property. Officers placed the woman under arrest for an active warrant. A report was filed.