Crime Log: Monday, Oct. 7 to Sunday, Oct. 14

Nico Malabuyo, news staff

Monday, Oct. 7

An NU student reported observing a man cutting a cable lock and stealing a bicycle from outside Burstein Hall. The man claimed the bike was his when confronted by the student. Officers reported the man fled the area on Huntington Avenue. A report was filed. 

Tuesday, Oct. 8

An officer reported speaking to a man unaffiliated with NU in the lobby of Columbus Place. Officers reported the man was in violation of his restraining order and placed him under arrest. A report was filed. 

An NU student reported some of his bicycle parts were stolen from the bike racks outside Snell Library. A report was filed.

A woman reported that a man on Hemenway Street approached her with a knife and stole her wig, then proceeded to leave the area toward St. Stephen Street. Officers stopped the man and placed him under arrest. A report was filed.

Wednesday, Oct. 9

A detective reported finding a small bag containing cocaine in front of Columbus Place. A report was filed.

A resident assistant in Light Hall reported finding a smoke detector covered with a bag while conducting a health and safety check. A report was filed.

Friday, Oct. 11

A detective reported confiscating a bong from a room in Davenport A. A report was filed.

A proctor reported observing an intoxicated NU student in the lobby of 10 Coventry St. Officers called an ambulance to transport the student to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center for further assistance. A report was filed.

Saturday, Oct. 12

An NU student at St. Botolph Street reported that his friend, another NU student, was heavily intoxicated and semi-conscious. Officers requested an ambulance to transport the student to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. A report was filed.

A proctor in International Village reported observing a male student asleep in front of the proctor station. The proctor reported the student was unable to be woken up but was found to be breathing. Officers requested an ambulance to transport the student to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center for further assistance. A report was filed. 

Bikes stolen this semester: 29