Crime Log: Monday, Dec. 9 to Sunday, Dec. 15

Deanna Schwartz, campus editor

Monday, Dec. 9

10:42 a.m.

An officer reported observing a man who is banned from NU property on security camera footage. Officers responded and reported stopping the man in front of 289 Huntington Ave. and placing him under arrest for trespassing. A report was filed.

12:49 p.m.

An NU student reported his unattended laptop charger was stolen from an International Village common room. A report was filed.

Tuesday, Dec. 10

12:41 p.m.

An officer reported observing a man unaffiliated with NU pushing a mountain bike while dragging a white suitcase in the alley behind St. Stephen Street. Officers responded and reported placing the man under arrest for a prior warrant. A report was filed.

12:51 p.m.

An individual reported her unattended purse was stolen from International Village dining hall. A report was filed.

Thursday, Dec. 12

12:37 p.m.

An officer reported placing a man unaffiliated with NU under arrest for possession of a class D substance on Hemenway Street. A report was filed.

Friday, Dec. 13

4:06 a.m.

A proctor in 10 Coventry reported an intoxicated student attempted to sign into the building. Officers responded and reported the student declined medical attention and was left in the care of a friend. A report was filed.

7:53 p.m.

A resident assistant, or RA, in Speare Hall reported finding a covered smoke detector and smelling marijuana in a room while conducting a health and safety inspection. A report was filed.

7:57 p.m.

An RA in International Village reported smelling marijuana in a room. A report was filed.

8:05 p.m.

An RA in Smith Hall reported finding gum containing THC in a room while conducting health and safety inspections. A report was filed. 

8:08 p.m.

An RA in International Village reported finding a smoke detector that had been tampered with in a room while conducting health and safety inspections. A report was filed.

8:36 p.m.

An RA in International Village reported finding a covered smoke detector and vent in a room while conducting health and safety inspections. A report was filed.

9:00 p.m.

An RA in Kennedy Hall reported finding drug paraphernalia in a room while conducting health and safety inspections. A report was filed.

10:14 p.m.

An officer reported observing five NU students smoking marijuana on the roof of Columbus Garage. Officers reported confiscating a small amount of marijuana and sending the students on their way. A report was filed.

Saturday, Dec. 14

11:14 a.m.

An RA in 10 Coventry reported finding a covered smoke detector in a room. A report was filed.

12:17 p.m.

An RA in West Village A reported finding drug paraphernalia and alcohol bottles inside a room. Officers responded and reported confiscating a bong, a grinder and a small amount of marijuana. A report was filed.