Maria and Brooks

Maria Zambrano and Brooks Anderson met on Hinge, though Anderson said he had invited Zambrano on a first date four times before she finally agreed.

“She finally asked ‘When are you gonna take me out?’ because at one point I just refused to ask anymore,” Anderson said.

Zambrano said she was won over by the many pictures Anderson sent of his black labrador, Guinness. After 10 months together, their favorite dates include a calming night in, going out to get sushi and taking Guinness for walks in the park. 

Zambrano and Anderson agreed they were drawn to each other because of their ability to disagree in a healthy way.

“Knowing how to fight and good communication definitely helps [a relationship],” Zambrano said. “Even if we bicker and fight, we know that it’s not going to be the end of the world.” 

Zambrano said her favorite thing about Anderson is how he “keeps things very chill.” Anderson, on the other hand, said that he appreciates Zambrano’s decisiveness. 

“She’s very driven, she knows exactly what she wants,” he said. “I never know what I want, so I’m okay to just follow her around.” 

Though their favorite restaurant in Boston is Daily Catch in the North End, the two share differing opinions about one particular dish.

“Squid ink pasta: He hates it, I love it,” Zambrano said. 

Guinness, Brooks Anderson’s black labrador, poses in the snow on Boston Common. Anderson’s girlfriend Maria Zambrano explained that the pictures of Guinness won her over after she and Anderson met on Hinge.
Kathryn Manning
Kathryn Manning, Projects Editor
Katy Manning is a third-year politics, philosophy, and economics major with a minor in law and public policy. She has been writing for the news since Fall 2021, and has previously served as deputy city Editor and Copy Chief.