Angela and Harry

When Angela and Harry Mains first met, they were both “miserable.” 

The two had both been in previous relationships, but Harry said it took just one conversation with Angela to change his outlook on life.

“I was actually talking to somebody instead of just listening,” Harry said. “She heard me, and I heard her.” 

The two felt that they could be authentic when they were together. 

“I didn’t have to change who I was to be around her, I could just be me,” Harry said. “I could be the big kid that I was meant to be.”

On the couple’s first date, they hiked the Skyline Trail at Blue Hills Reservation, just outside of Boston. As the sun was setting and snow fell around them, they shared their first official kiss.

Harry later brought Angela’s two children, his daughter and his mother up the mountain to propose in the same spot they had their first date.

The pair have been married since August 2023. They explained that the key to a healthy relationship is good communication. 

“You shouldn’t have to fight and chase somebody; it should be mutual,” Angela said.

Together, the couple prioritizes honesty and easy laughter.

“Everything else falls in line if you have strong communication, if you aren’t afraid to tell someone how you feel,” Harry said.

Angela and Harry Mains burst into laughter while telling their love story on Boston Common. After coming out of their previous relationships, the two felt that they could be most authentic when they were together.
(Annika Sunkara)
Kathryn Manning
Kathryn Manning, Projects Editor
Katy Manning is a third-year politics, philosophy, and economics major with a minor in law and public policy. She has been writing for the news since Fall 2021, and has previously served as deputy city Editor and Copy Chief.
Annika Sunkara
Annika Sunkara, Social Media Editor
Annika Sunkara is a second-year journalism major and audiovisual editor of The News. She aspires to continue producing accessible and engaging multimedia content. You can follow her @annika_sunkara on X/Twitter.