Northeastern Crime Log

Tuesday, September 23 6 p.m. Several female residents from Stetson West reported they were receiving obscene phone calls, apparently from the same person. The Northea- stern Police gave the students strategies of how to deal with obscene phone calls and there have been no reports since.

11:15 p.m. A 21-year-old male student, Joel John, was arrested after Northeastern Police retrieved his previously lost wallet and discovered that he was wanted for default warrants. The default warrant was for failure to complete community service for an assault charge in Boston.

Wednesday, September 24 1 a.m. A 19-year-old male student that lives in an off-campus apartment reported receiving threatening Instant Messages. The person leaving the messages apparently knew who he was and where he lived. The student was referred to the Boston Police who suspect that the person sending the messages is an acquaintance with whom he has had previous trouble. The suspect is not a Northeastern student.

4:30 p.m. A 19-year-old female student at a college in Pennsylvania called to report receiving harassing Instant Messages from an 18-year-old student in Stetson West. An officer went to the student’s room and found that the female student’s screen name was on his computer. The 18-year-old admitted to knowing the student in Pennsylvania, but denied sending harassing messages. He will be referred to OSCCR.

Friday, September 25 2 a.m. An officer on patrol on Hemenway Street discovered a man standing outside in a group holding a beer can. The man was not cooperative with the officer when asked to dispose of the alcohol and did not follow the officer’s directions on being asked a second time to get rid of the can. The man set the beer can down on the sidewalk and started to go down an alley. He then proceeded to get into a cab which the officer stopped. The man got out of the cab, charged the squad car and punched the officer. James Lane, a 20-year-old resident of Boston that is not affiliated to Northeastern, was arrested for disorderly conduct and the assault of an officer.

10 a.m. A car was reported stolen after the owner went to drop off his child at the Child Care Center in White Hall. The man had left his car running, the door unlocked and the keys in the ignition. The Boston Police retrieved the car at 7 p.m. that night with the keys still in the ignition. There was minor damage to the front of the car which may have been there previously.

11 a.m. Staff members in Behrakis Health and Science Center reported several hundred dollars missing from a cash box kept in an office. The missing money has been unaccounted for since last July.

Noon Parking staff in the Columbus Lot reported a car with a forged parking decal on the windshield. The car was towed and later, a student reported that car missing. The male student claims to have purchased the pass but would not say from who. He will be reported to the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution (OSCCR).

Saturday, September 26 2 a.m. An officer responded to a loud group on the roof of 165 Hemenway St., a building where Northeastern leases apartments. The officer discovered a number of people on the roof that began to leave in a disorderly fashion except for one individual. The man was sitting with his feet hanging over the side of the roof and threw his bottle of beer over the side, shattering on the sidewalk below. Northeastern Police arrested 20-year-old Timothy McGowan, a Wentworth student.

Noon A male student reported a $1,000 check taken and cashed from his checkbook which he has not used in the five years he has had it.

2 p.m. A 21-year-old female, who was visiting an 18-year-old female relative in Stetson West, reported $400 taken from her wallet after leaving the wallet overnight in the third floor lounge.

6 p.m. An officer responded to a roommate dispute in Kennedy Hall between two female roommates. Shoving was involved in the dispute. One roommate was temporarily relocated. Residential Life staff and OSCCR are working to resolve the issue.

7 p.m. A male student reported his bicycle missing after locking it in the Renaissance Park ing Garage on Sept. 23. When he returned for it on Sept. 27, the chain and bicycle were gone. 8 p.m. An officer patrolling in the area of Davenport Commons discovered a young man leaning over putting a 30-pack of beer in a bag. The beer was confiscated and the 19-year-old male student will be referred to OSCCR.

8 p.m. A male student from a freshman residence hall called to say that he had received a threatening phone call on his cell phone. The student did not know why the person calling would have his phone number and said that the person was a friend of an acquaintance of his. He had seen the person previously around campus and the person had made inappropriate remarks to him. He believes that this person goes to school in Boston, but is not affiliated with Northeastern. Detectives are working with the student to locate the other male.

11:30 p.m. An officer came upon a 20-year-old woman who was intoxicated on Huntington Avenue near White Hall. She was taken to the hospital for evaluation. She admitted to drinking in a residence hall, but did not disclose where. She will be referred to OSCCR.

Sunday, September 27 2 a.m. A male staff member reported his stereo missing from his car which was parked in the Columbus Lot. There were no signs of forced entry.

8:30 a.m. Officers patrolling in Dodge Hall, which was closed at the time, recognized a man previously banned from campus in the building. Calvin Mustafa, previously arrested for theft and trespassing multiple times, was apprehended in Krentzman Quadrangle after fleeing Dodge Hall. Mustafa resisted arrest and was violent with the officers, leaving one officer with a severely sprained wrist. Mustafa was arrested on warrants from West Roxbury.

11 p.m. A 22-year-old male student was apprehended by two teenagers at the intersection of Camden Street and Columbus Avenue. One displayed a gun and demanded the student’s money and cell phone. The teenager took the $3 out of the student’s wallet and followed him down the street. The two teenagers were not found. A witness to the event provided information that leads the Northeastern Police to believe that one teenager was a juvenile arrested a couple of weeks ago for robbing another juvenile.

Monday, September 28 2 a.m. ResLife Staff from Speare Hall reported that a student was intoxicated and running up and down the corridors tearing message boards from students’ doors. The student made obscene remarks to an officer then went into a room and slammed the door. He was clearly under the influence of alcohol. Over the next 15 minutes the officers tried to calm the student down but he continued being unruly. It was reported that the student’s friends could not even control him. Jayson Frank, an 18-year-old student, was finally arrested for disorderly conduct. Frank, a member of the Northeastern Football team, was arraigned Monday and is awaiting trial for disorderly conduct.

9:30 a.m. A 21-year-old male student lost his Husky Card sometime in the middle of last week and when he went to replace it, he learned that $120 had been charged on the card.

Noon An 18-year-old female student reported that on Sept. 19, she had left her wallet and ID on a table in Levine Marketplace. Her ID was gone when she returned and $150 had been charged on it.

1 p.m. WRBB reported that between Sept. 23 and 28, two turntables, one sound mixer and approximately 100 records were found missing from the equipment room. The door is usually locked but has not been since the key to the room had broken. The records were personally owned by a DJ from WRBB.

1:30 p.m. A Community Receptionist for Smith Hall reported that an 18-year-old male resident had turned in almost $700 found on the floor in the lobby. As the officer was speaking to the student an 18-year-old female student reported losing the cash and was able to describe the denominations of the bills.

7:45 p.m. A 20-year-old female student was walking in the Fens alone when two males jumped out of the bushes and tried to steal her purse. She screamed and got the attention of a 19-year-old male student in the area who was able to disband the group.

crime log entry of the week

monday, sept 28 5 p.m. An officer patrolling Columbus Avenue noticed a man standing at the side of the ball field watching a youth football game. The man was swearing and screaming at the people on the field. He then began to urinate. When the officer approached, the man took a swing at him. Lorenzo Hazelwood, a 42-year-old resident of Boston, was arrested for assaulting an officer.