Northeastern Crime Log

Crime Log entries are selected from Northeastern’s Division of Public Safety reports.

Wednesday, May 18 8:30 a.m. A 21-year-old male student reported his cell phone missing after leaving it on the second floor of Snell Library.

Noon A female staff member in Robinson Hall reported her wallet missing from her backpack after she left her office unlocked and unattended for 10 minutes. The wallet contained $60 and several credit cards.

A laptop reported stolen from Ryder Hall April 20 was found by a staff member and returned to its owner.

Thursday, May 19 11 a.m. The staff at the Latino/a Student Cultural Center reported $500 missing from a desk drawer. The money was collected over the winter to be donated to Habitat for Humanity. The last time a staff member remembered seeing the money was in February.

9 p.m. A 23-year-old female student reported her 748 Columbus Ave. apartment had been ransacked. Two laptops, a cell phone, a camera and a Walkman were missing.

Saturday, May 21 1:30 a.m. A fire extinguisher was discharged on the third floor of West Village A, causing the alarms to go off and the building to be evacuated.

Sunday, May 22 2:30 a.m. Officers found a cab driver arguing with a student on Forsyth Street who was refusing to pay the fare. The student claimed the cab driver, while driving him from Jamaica Plain to Northeastern, had picked up another person and dropped him off before taking the student to Forsyth Street, and expected the student to pay the whole fare. NUPD told the cab driver he could file a report with Boston Police if he wished to press charges.

Monday, May 23 10:30 a.m. A foreman at the West Village F construction site reported plywood had been stolen over the weekend.

Tuesday, May 24 10 a.m. A staff member in Ell Hall received a phone call from someone claiming to be a delivery person asking her to meet him downstairs to pick up a package. The staff member, wary of the man claiming to be making a delivery, called NUPD, who searched the area but couldn’t find anyone who fit the description.

Wednesday, May 25 5:30 p.m. A 19-year-old male student reported his iPod had been stolen from his apartment in Davenport B on April 19. He reported his roommate had friends over that night. His roommate said he had people over, and admitted he didn’t know everyone that had been in the apartment that night.

6 p.m. A student from Bunker Hill Community College reported her wallet missing after leaving it unattended on the first floor ladies’ room of Snell Library for about 10 minutes. It contained $40 and several credit cards.

A 24-year-old female student reported her wallet missing after leaving it unattended on the first floor of Snell Library the previous evening. The wallet had no cash in it, but contained IDs.

Thursday, May 26 3:30 p.m. A 21-year-old male student reported he finished studying on the first floor in Snell Library and left the building, forgetting his laptop in the library on Tuesday evening. When he returned, it was gone.

Friday, May 27 8:15 a.m. A fire extinguisher was discharged on the first floor of the Curry Student Center, causing the fire alarm to go off and the building to be evacuated.

9:30 a.m. A staff member on the third floor of Ell Hall reported a person claiming to be a relative of another staff member had asked her to come to the door to show him the way to the office. Police were able to trace the call to a classroom in Dodge Hall, but no one was found.

Saturday, May 28 2:30 p.m. A 33-year-old female student reported she found her rear window broken upon returning to it parked in Camden Lot. Nothing was missing from the car.

11:30 p.m. A female with no connection to Northeastern flagged down officers and reported she had been robbed in the alley behind 600 Columbus Ave. She reported two men robbed her and ran down Camden Street.

Sunday, May 29 5 a.m. A 29-year-old male student proctoring in Davenport A reported his bike missing after he had left it parked on the first floor near the elevators of the building.

2 p.m. Staff reported graffiti written on an exterior door at 780 Columbus Ave.

An officer saw two men smoking in the bleachers in Carter Park off of Columbus Avenue. The two men, not affiliated with Northeastern, admitted to smoking marijuana and were told not to return.

Monday, May 30 12:30 a.m. Boston Police responded to the corner of Massachusetts Avenue and Tremont Street on a report gunshots had been fired. Two females in their 20s sustained non-life threatening gunshot injuries. Neither are connected with Northeastern. The suspect fled in a silver vehicle.

2 p.m. A police officer monitoring security cameras on campus noticed a man loitering around the bike rack in front of Hayden Hall. Officers responded and found a 33-year-old man taking the brake pads off a bicycle. He was escorted off campus and told not to return.