Event Calendar: April 9 – April 15

By Alana Dore, deputy inside editor

Event of the Week:  Monday, April 13

The hometown heroes of Boston return for their first home game of the season this week. In an interleague match-up,the Red Sox will play the Washington Nationals. Though the game is officially sold out, you can catch all the action at the South Street Diner during their All-You-Can-Eat Fenway Franks event. For the price of one beer ($2.50), you can eat as many hot dogs as you want while viewing the game on TV. Plus, if you wear Red Sox apparel, you will automatically be entered to win tickets to a future game. 178 Kneeland Street; 11 a.m. – 10 p.m.; $2.50.

Thursday, April 9

Join the student-created art organization Here & There for the launch of its mobile gallery exhibition at Boston University’s (BU) George Sherman Union. The exhibit, created by repurposing an old moving truck into a traveling gallery space, will be moved around the city by April 12 to 18, displaying art from students around Boston. The purpose of the work, collected through an open call for submissions, is to start conversations about art and the community. The launch party for the project will include food and crafts. Each of the tour stops for the exhibition will feature performances, workshops and discussions. 775 Commonwealth Ave.; 11 a.m. – 2p.m.; free.

Friday, April 10

Sh*t Faced-Shakespeare, the comedy show that has been taking the U.K. by storm, is coming to Boston. The rowdy and talented cast of Sh*t Faced-Shakespeare perform a serious Shakespeare show while consuming the alcoholic beverage, or beverages, of their choice. Former productions have included sword fights with prosthetic limbs and off-key renditions of the “Dawson’s Creek” theme song. 255 Elm Street, Somerville; 7:30 – 9 p.m.; $20.

Saturday, April 11

It’s time to get dirty at Massachusetts Institute of Technology’s (MIT) annual Prom Dress Rugby Tournament. Several women’s rugby teams from around New England will come to play in a sevens tournament at the MIT Barry and Roberts turf fields, but instead of wearing their regular rugby uniforms, they’ll be wearing prom dresses or other formal attire. Come watch and cheer, rain or shine, as these girls get their game on. 120 Vassar Street, Cambridge; 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.; free.

Sunday, April 12

Massachusetts is one of the fastest-growing tech centers in the world, so no wonder it’s hosting the first ever human-and-robot race. The human race will be a 5k timed with a chip and will be accompanied by a 100-yard robot dash, featuring submissions by robot builders throughout New England. The event will include prizes, food, raffles and robots, as well as a showcase of Vecna Robotics products. All proceeds from the event will benefit Vecna Cares Charitable Trust, a nonprofit dedicated to improving health outcomes around the world through technological solutions. 36 Cambridgepark Drive, Cambridge; 7 a.m. – noon; $20.

Tuesday, April 14

Earlier this year, a time capsule, buried in 1795 at the Massachusetts State House, was opened by former governor Deval Patrick and Ann and Graham Gund Gallery Director Malcolm Rogers. The capsule, which contains newspapers, coins and plaques, is on display at the Museum of Fine Arts (MFA) alongside an exhibit that explores the significance of the objects and the role prominent figures played in the burial of the capsule. Other works representing the time period are on display in the wing. The capsule is at the MFA until April 22. 465 Huntington Ave.; 10 a.m. – 4:45 p.m.; free.

Wednesday, April 15

With the weather getting nicer, the Public Open Night at Boston University’s (BU) Coit Observatory is the perfect place to celebrate. Sponsored the BU Astronomy Department, the Open Night is an opportunity to look at the starry sky through professional equipment and accompanied by department staff. Weather is a major factor in whether the event can be held each week, so the status of the event, will be announced via the observatory’s twitter page, @buobservatory, at around 4 p.m. the day of the event. 725 Commonwealth Ave.; 8:30 – 10 p.m.; free.

Photo courtesy Parker Harrington, Creative Commons