Event Calendar: May 29 – June 4

Thursday, May 29

Blindingly beautiful costumes, swinging from the ceiling in a way that can only be described as superhuman and performers who appear boneless as they bend and stretch their way across the stage, Las Vegas staple Cirque du Soleil will open in Boston on Thursday with its most recent show: “Amaluna.” Marking the troupe’s 30th year, the cast of “Amaluna” looks a little differentthan the classic Cirque cast:  70 percent of performers are female. The story focuses around an island governed by a goddess and guided by cycles of the moon as the queen, Prospera, prepares her daughter’scoming-of-age ceremony. Peppered with mind-boggling acrobatics and elegance far above the ground, “Amaluna” is sure to be another satisfying Cirque performance. Boston Marine Industrial Park, 6 Tide St.; performance times vary; $30-150.

Friday, May 30 – Saturday, May 31

Don’t let your steady diet of beer and grilled food end with Memorial Day; follow your taste buds to the seventh annual American Craft Beer Fest and enjoy craft beers from more than 140 American brewers. Presented by BeerAdvocate and Harpoon Brewery, a Boston-based beer crafter, attendees are welcome to taste all 640+ brews and ask questions of the brewery staff who will be on hand at each sampling. Tickets are sold per session, with a total of three sessions taking place over two days, and include entry, all beer tastings, a compostable tasting cup and a festival program. 200 Seaport Blvd.; 6 – 9:30 p.m.; $47.50; 21+.

Saturday, May 31

ImprovBoston, apopular comedy club in Cambridge, is taking to Reddit to make sure their shows are funnier and weirder than ever. Improvised Reddit will be a show completely made up on the spot using subreddits, smaller sections of the sharing site, to inspire and motivate their resident comedians. The first half of the show can be created using anything from /r/adviceanimals to /r/mildlydangerous, while the second half will involve interviewing an audience member about their darkest internet secrets and creating skits designed to amuse and (slightly) embarrass. Students withID get discount admission and drinks start at just $3.50. 40 Prospect St.; 7 – 8:30 p.m.; $10.

Sunday, June 1

Join G20 Spa + Salon in the ultimate celebration as the company commemorates its 20th anniversary in conjunction with the grand re-opening of its Newbury Street location, which underwent a series of renovations.The spa will offer 20 percent off of all services and retail purchases with free refreshments to boot, and everyone who receives a service will be entered to win one of five luxury prizes sponsored by Cirque du Soleil, Liberty Hotel, the Improper Bostonian and more, as well as swag bags valued at $150. G20 is the recipient of multiple “Best of Boston” and “Boston’s Best” awards, offering massages, tanning, lounge areas, haircuts and styling, nails and makeup application. 278 Newbury St.; 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.; prices vary.

Monday, June 2

Etsy is leaving your computer screens and hitting Boston’s well-known shopping street at the Newbury Handmade Market, where local sellers on the popular website can connect with buyers in person. A majority of the vendors specialize in homemade jewelry, but many housewares, display pieces, photographs, paintings and other handcrafted wares are also for sale. The Lone Beader sells custom beaded dog jewelry beading pattern kits, as well as beaded animals and other creations, Little Touch of Glass sells hand-painted bowls, wine glasses, Christmas ornaments, greeting cards and more, and Paul Nguyen sells prints of his photography (mostly landscape and outdoor shots). These vendors are just three of 35+ Etsy sellers that will vie for your attention at the Newbury Handmade Market. 301 Newbury St.; 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.; free.

Tuesday, June 3

Opening forits 10th year, the Lexington Farmer’s Market kicks off on Tuesday with 40 farmers, vendors and artisans to tickle your taste buds and expand your palate. Real Pops, fresh-fruit ice pops made with local produce and fair-trade sugar, will make an appearance after raising $5,000 on Kick-Starter in two days for funds to take its stand to local markets. In addition, Samira’s Homemade, authentic Egyptian and Lebanese food, Downeast Cider, a Maine-based apple cider brand, and DOOS P.K., a vendor specializing in vegan sweet-hot sauces, are among the many specialized groups that will make an appearance throughout the season. 5 Fletcher Ave.; 2 – 6:30 p.m.; free.

Wednesday, June 4

The Somerville Chamber of Commerce Dining and Nightlife group is bringing over 50 restaurants, breweries and farmers to the town square to showcase their best creations. Join foodies and beverage connoisseurs outside under a pavilion with live entertainment and eclectic vendors such as Fuji Sushi, Foundry on Elm, Taza Chocolate and Diva Indian Bistro. For the first time, all proceeds will benefit Somerville Home Inc., a senior center on Summer Street. And if Somerville’s farmer’s market is any indication of the culinary dedication of the city’s residents, the range of tastes will leave every visitor full and happy. Tickets to Taste of Somerville include food, drinks and entertainment. Davis Square; 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.; $40.

Photo courtesy Derek Key. The above photo is from the Cirque du Soleil performance “Kooza.”