Event Calendar: Thursday, Oct. 11 – Wednesday, Oct. 17

Compiled by Claire Wallace, deputy lifestyle editor

Thursday, Oct. 11, Chestnut Hill Square Presents Free Outdoor Sculpture Exhibit

Chestnut Hill Square will display an exciting new outdoor sculpture exhibit titled “Beyond Boundaries.” All of the sculptures featured were created by sculptors and conceptual artists in the Brookline-based art group Studios Without Walls. The group specializes in art installations for outdoor and public settings. Some artists in the group include Freedom Baird, Myrna Balk, Gail Jeraud Bos and many more.  8 a.m.- 8 p.m.; Chestnut Hill Square; Free.   

Friday, Oct. 12, Nick Cave — Artist Conversation

Artist Nick Cave will speak at Northeastern accompanied by Northeastern Professors Scott Edmiston and Sarah Kanouse. Cave is both a visual artist and a dancer and will discuss the different mediums he uses to create art and perform. Cave is also known for creating sculptures from found and recycled materials and performing dances that respond to his global and cultural identity. Cave will be speaking as a part of the Dean’s Distinguished Lectures series. 1:30 p.m.- 3 p.m.; Blackman Auditorium; Free.

Saturday, Oct. 13, New England Chocolate Festival  

Are you a chocolate lover? Then head on down to Cambridge to enjoy some yummy samples as well as live lectures and presentations on making and tasting chocolate. There will also be a number of chocolate-themed activities including a Chocolate Escape Room and a Chocolate Sensorium. Tickets for this event are available here and it is recommended to purchase ahead of time: 10 a.m.- 6 p.m.; Boston Center for Adult Education; $25 per ticket.

Sunday, Oct. 14, Boston Art Book Fair

Join the Boston Center for the Arts and Bodega as they present their second annual Boston Art Book Fair. This sale is one of the largest art book sales on the East Coast. There will be over 100 exhibitors present ranging from artists, publishers, print projects and independent presses. This fair will include lots of opportunities to buy books for every kind of art fan and will also have plenty of guest lecturers and art demonstrations. 12 p.m.- 5 p.m.; Boston Center for the Arts; Free.

Monday, Oct. 15, Massmouth Story Slam  

Massmouth, a Massachusetts non-profit that promotes storytelling and oral tradition, will host a story slam contest to find undiscovered talent. On the night of the performance, audience members and story slammers will be given a theme and can choose to enter in a drawing to tell their 5-minute story relating to the theme. Ten names are drawn from the random box and those ten members get to perform for a panel of judges for a chance to win a prize. You can buy tickets here to watch all of the storytelling fun, or even try for a chance toparticipate: 7 p.m.- 9 p.m.; Club Passim; $10 per ticket.

Tuesday, Oct. 16, David Hogg at Boston Public Library 

David Hogg, one of the founders of March for Our Lives, will speak in Boston. Hogg, a Parkland school shooting survivor, will be discussing gun violence in schools and the need for more gun control across the country. Since the shooting Hogg has become a face for gun control advocates and has been outspoken on social media as well as touring the country promoting his book #NeverAgain. 6 p.m.- 7:30 p.m.; Boston Public Library; Free.  

Wednesday, Oct. 17, Film Screening and Panel Discussion: Semper Fi  

Help Northeastern welcome three ex-Marines and an NU-graduated veteran as they discuss the military cover-up of one of the biggest water contamination emergencies in history, the cover-up at Camp LeJeune in North Carolina. The three ex-Marines have extensive knowledge of the cover-up and will be discussing actions taken by the government before screening the water contamination investigative film Semper Fi. Free lunch will be provided. 11:30 a.m.- 2 p.m.; Northeastern Crossing; Free.