Event Calendar: Thursday, Nov. 15 – Wednesday, Nov. 21

Compiled by Claire Wallace, deputy lifestyle editor

Thursday, Nov. 15, NUStage Presents: Pretty Strong  

NUStage Musical Theatre Company will perform “Pretty Strong,” a musical revue celebrating the strength of women. This revue highlights the stories of women both fictional and real and discusses the ways in which women contribute to society and everyday life. All of the songs in the revue are written by, sung by or sung about women. Get your tickets here on MyNortheastern before they’re gone: 8 p.m.; Blackman Auditorium; Free for students.   

Friday, Nov. 16, Everyman   

“Everyman,” a play directed by Antonio Ocampo-Guzman, will be showing on the Northeastern campus. The play is based on a 15th century allegory but has been modernized by rap poetry and 21st century theatrical practices to portray the ideal of Everyman. The Everyman is a representational character, living his life haphazardly filled with alcohol, sex and drugs until he is confronted with the challenge of death. Get your tickets here before they are gone: 8 p.m.; Theatre at Northeastern University; $12.

Saturday, Nov. 17, Acting Out Presents: Picnic at Hanging Rock 

Acting Out Theatre Company will be performing their fall mainstage production, “Picnic at Hanging Rock,” based on the Joan Lindsay novel. This mystery thriller explores topics of crisis, greed and honesty at the turn of the century. Taking place in Australia, the play follows a group of schoolgirls trying to solve what happened to their mathematics teacher on top of Hanging Rock. 7:30 p.m.; Blackman Auditorium; Free for students.

Sunday, Nov. 18, Print Ain’t Dead: Pop Up Book Store 

Boston’s first pop-up bookstore will focus specifically on writers of color and will feature hundreds of books for sale. All books are written by people of color and will be priced between two and five dollars. Proceeds from the sale will go directly back to writers of color and to the performer of the night. Sunday’s performer will be Priscilla Azaglo, who will be reading from her novel “Back to You.” 12 p.m.- 4 p.m.; Fairmount Innovation Lab; Free.

Monday, Nov. 19, NU Rangila’s Savory Samosa Sale 

Come visit Northeastern’s Rangila Rhythms, an all-female cultural dance team, who will be selling samosas to raise money for their club. These savory samosas will help benefit an on-campus cause and will be priced at three dollars or two for five dollars. 3 p.m.-9 p.m.; Curry Crossroads; Prices vary.

Tuesday, Nov. 20, Exhibition: Raise a Glass  

Raise a Glass features work from ceramics artists in conjunction with the elaborate vessels displayed in the “Animal-Shaped Vessels” exhibition. Fourteen artists will have their work on display to present vessels inspired by different time periods, shapes, ideas, traditions and artistic forms. All of the vessels are created through ceramic, glass and metal techniques. This exhibit will be on display through Nov. 26. 9 a.m.- 5 p.m.; Gallery 224; Free.  

Wednesday, Nov. 21, Comedy at The Pourhouse  

Boston Comedian Shawn Carter, also known as Comedy Dude, will host a stand-up event at The Pourhouse. Carter has handpicked and invited who he considers to be Boston’s best comedians for a night of free laughs. Food and drinks will be served off of the full menu for discounted prices, but the comedy event is free and no cover charge is required. 8 p.m.-10 p.m.; The Pourhouse; Free.